About The Position
The Field Sales Specialist is responsible for the execution of the Trinchero Family Estates’ portfolio in key accounts.
The Field Sales Specialist is responsible for the execution of the Trinchero Family Estates’ portfolio in key accounts. The Field Sales Specialist is a frontline sales resource responsible for the execution of the Trinchero Family Estates’ portfolio as well as securing and maintaining distribution for the company’s brands. Additionally, the Sales Specialist will work both independently and with management to ensure continuous service to existing accounts and expansion of our brands in targeted new accounts. The Field Sales Specialist will spend approximately 80% of their time executing in assigned marketplace and 20% preparing and following up.
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or the needs of the business.
• Maintains a visible and value-adding presence in the market both with key & target accounts independently and with distributors to effectively influence account purchase decisions on behalf of TFE.
• Works “on the street” in your assigned market making account calls independently and alongside distributor sales staff in key accounts.
• Research and develop key account and target lists utilizing the 80/20 rule and maintain this list in KARMA.
• Coach distributor sales members to educate them on our brands stories & brand history, brand activation initiatives and brand standards.
• Deliver staff trainings for the most valuable accounts.
• Develop and lead assigned market promotional events.
• Responsible for utilizing sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Nielsen, Power BI) effectively to grow existing business, identify new opportunities and track key initiatives.
• Manage the quality of the distribution (not just the quantity). This means keeping the focus narrow to the highest value account types as well as putting the right wines in the right places.
• Regularly monitor and analyze market performance to ensure goals are on track to be met.
• Provide in-market intel and feedback to leadership.
• Understand all TFE and competitive pricing strategies.
• Collaborate across all departments and champion the Trinchero Family Estates "One Team" approach.
• Conduct all duties in a professional, effective and efficient manner in alignment with TFE standards.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and field sales experience with an emphasis on new business development, face-to-face selling, and ability to close the sale.
• Proven track record of achieving sales goals and growing distribution for premium brands in the wine industry, CPG, or similar industry.
• Sales experience required.
• Highly organized and committed to continuous improvement in this area.
• Experience in building strong, positive and effective relationships at account level.
• Strong business acumen: know the industry, competition, and trends affecting the business.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and keen negotiation skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
• Ability to lead, motivate and hold teams accountable to produce results.
• Ability to manage multiple (and often competing) priorities.
• Knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
• A genuine commitment to continuous self-improvement.
• A strong passion for wine and spirits.
• A winning mindset!
• Frequent travel, both by car and air
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine)
• Regular working schedule to include evenings and weekends
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases and retail supplies, setting up for special events)
Focus on Our Customers, Lead & Influence Our Partners