About The Position
Total Beverage Solution (TBS) is looking for an entrepreneurial spirits marketer to join our team in Charleston, SC! The Spirits Brand Manager role provides an excellent foundation for future career advancement in the beverage industry and broader CPG space. This role is responsible for leading strategic planning, consumer marketing, and trade programming for the TBS spirits portfolio. TBS manages a concentrated portfolio of iconic spirits brands across whisky, premium liquers, aged rum, and RTD categories.
- Lead marketing strategy and overall brand direction for TBS spirits brands. Work closely with founder and SVP of Sales & Marketing to profitably grow a mix of established and high-potential spirits brands.
- Evaluate brand ROI of sales and marketing investments, including use of third-party agencies (creative, PR, digital, etc.). Develop and manage brand budgets.
- Educate and train TBS sales team on brand programs. Develop essential trade assets.
- Act as the daily interface with TBS largest spirits brand producers, and take responsibility for overall brand relationship. Role requires occasional travel to Scotland, Italy, Costa Rica and other brand facilities.
- Maintain command of overall brand performance, as well as develop and monitor key sales initiatives.
- Participate in evaluating and onboarding new brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, business, advertising, or other related field of study
- Five or more years’ experience with beverage alcohol brand management while leveraging primary research, data, and consumer insights into actionable business initiatives
- Two or more years’ sales field experience preferred
- Charleston-based candidate preferred. Non-Charleston, SC candidates will be considered, however should expect to travel to Charleston 6-8 weeks per year especially in the first year in-role.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Clear communicator
- Personal Characteristics: Positive and optimistic approach to life and work; Commitment to grow and invest in your career; passionate about learning; hard working; Strong analytical ability; High self-awareness; Team player; High integrity; Entrepreneurial mindset, with bent to questioning the status quo.
Benefits and Perks
In addition to your competitive salary and bonus, additional benefits and perks include:
Health: We cover the majority of the cost of medical premiums for you and your dependents.
Well-Being: In addition to our Employee Assistance Program to help you find balance no matter where you are in life, we offer a monthly Well-Being reimbursement benefit to be used towards programs like ClassPass or whatever activity you do to nurture your well-being.
Professional Development: Our tuition reimbursement and professional development programs help you to continue to grow and learn in your career with us and beyond.
Volunteer Days: In addition to excellent vacation (including a birthday PTO day) and holidays, we provide two paid days off for you to volunteer at any non-profit organization of your choice.
Financial Protection: We provide $50,000 of basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability at no cost to you. We also provide a company match on our retirement plan.
Employee Discount: Enjoy an employee discount on our beer, wine, and spirits products during our periodic office orders.
Total Beverage Solution is a fast growing supplier with a selective portfolio of iconic international beer, wine, and spirits brands. We strive to be the most fun, entrepreneurial, professional, and well-funded U.S. partner for large import brands. Notable portfolio brands include Weihenstephaner, Saison Dupont, Greene King, Rekorderlig, Edradour & Signatory single malt scotches, Tohu & Kono wines from New Zealand, San Felice, Lapis Luna, and others. TBS is proud to be navigating the difficult COVID-19 environment while continuing to grow and strengthen our brands.
The TBS team places great importance on relationships and collaboration. All of our employees play an integral part in our success and we recognize the value of each and every one of our team members and what they do to help TBS achieve its goals. TBS has created a sustainable growth-oriented, and supportive culture which positions suppliers, brands and employees to reach their full potential.
APPLY NOW for this incredible career opportunity!