About The Position
Our Merchandisers play a very important role at TJ Sheehan. After the beer is sold and delivered to our customer accounts, our Merchandisers stock, rotate, and properly display our products in the accounts.
Get your start in the beer business!
We are looking Merchandisers to join our industry-leading sales team! You will learn all aspects of the beer business from an industry-leading beverage distributor. TJ Sheehan is one of the top wholesalers in their market, and part of the Sheehan Family Companies, one of the top wholesale groups in the country.
Our Merchandisers play a very important role at TJ Sheehan. After the beer is sold and delivered to our customer accounts, our Merchandisers stock, rotate, and properly display our products in the accounts- ensuring the end consumer can easily shop and enjoy our products.
Working as a Merchandiser at TJ Sheehan you can expect to work hard in an independent setting and be held accountable for achieving your goals. Successful team members in this role will develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy is followed
- Ensure that all products are properly displayed according to Company standards
- Install and maintain permanent and paper Point Of Sale material
- Organize and execute floor displays and placement of window neons and banners at all accounts
- Organize and execute cooler resets according to Company standards
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Excellent oral, written and open communications skills
- Valid driver's license with active auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work independently
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Two wheel hand truck
- Car or van
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on an occasional basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels and quarter barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart on level and inclined surfaces on an occasional basis
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
- Medical/Dental/VIsion Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Prepaid Legal & Identify Protections