The Patrón Spirits Company- Patrón Spirits International
Importer, Production and Manufacturing, and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
Support the efforts of the Vice President, to enhance brand equity and lead the growth and development of both the brands and the team within the assigned territory. Participate in leading the strategic planning process and sales evaluation(s) for the territory. Work to achieve brand equity strategies and goals as aligned with national brand plans, marketing plans and territory objectives.
This role is varied, and a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the local market team members as well as Key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively throughout your territory to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
WITH OUR CONSUMER AT THE HEART, YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Collaborate with the Vice President to assist with the development and execution of channel-specific brand plans that are successfully executed through the distributor/broker in a multiple market territory.
- Work to ensure the successful implementation of local and/or individual market sales plans by segment.
- Build effective and productive working relationships with key retailers and distributors.
- Ensure strongly executed, results oriented retail promotions within agreed brand pricing /marketing guidelines, establishing distributor pricing by size and territory.
- Work closely with external contacts including the distributor/broker, retailer, and agencies employed to market sales activities. Establish clear, realistic and stretch expectations.
- Participate in the analysis of the market and identify key brand growth opportunities in a specific channel across a broad geography and diverse customer group.
- Incorporating brand guidelines and objectives, lead the efforts to develop program plans with area managers, state managers and distributors to identify opportunities at wholesale, retail or in a specific channel to drive sales execution.
- Analyze and evaluate the performance of sales plans executed in the territory, providing feedback both internally and externally (i.e., distributors).
- Motivate team to achieve sales goals in their territory, fostering continuous learning and development of Company brands and processes.
- Mentor and develop direct reports as well as any promotional teams of distributor, interfacing on a regular basis
Develop Talent and Capability
- Implement learning and development plans for your team.
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices.
- Ensure that your team has resources needed to deliver desired results.
- Connect team resources and capabilities (e.g. RGM, POS, research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives.
- Own the management and development of talent within your team.
Create a Winning Team
- Build a shared sense of purpose among your sales team.
- Align all employees behind the targets and create a passion for winning in the company.
- Recognize accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner.
Measures of Success
*Critical Experiences for Success
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone, email or other written correspondence.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
- Possession of effective and strategic negotiation skills for sales execution and overall territory management.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, understanding systems and information resources and how to use them.
- Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing business plans and reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- 8-10+ years sales experience in a leading company at a state or regional level within a beverage industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent required
- Experience managing budgets, strategically implementing pricing plans
- P&L management
- Experience of developing and mentoring direct reports
- Proven track record of creating compelling and successful sales presentations tailored to customers as well as the ability to effectively communicate programs to Field Sales team
We are looking for people who are globally mobile and have aspirations to experience different cultures.
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.
- Reports To VP, East Sales