The Manager of Supply Chain
will oversee day to day tasks tracking dry goods and raw materials needs as well as production planning.DESCRIPTION:
The Manager of Supply Chain
will be responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate activities of a perennial crops nursery in the Kern County area. This position also develops policy and directs and coordinates related activities by performing the following duties personally or by working with our production and farming teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
QualificationsKey qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for production supply chain strategy
- Oversees yield estimation and analysis
- Maintains and improves demand-supply balance model
- Determines cutting harvest and plant propagation plan and priorities
- Looks for potential problems and shortages and meets regularly with sales, production, and farming teams to resolve
- Keep stock of nursery dry goods needs (i.e. pots, trays, soil) and determine appropriate amount of replenishments needed
- Recommends measures to improve efficiency of production
- Research, explain and enforce federal and state safety regulations and policies
- Supervise 5 or more employees, including contract labor employees
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Economics, Operations Engineering, Business, Mathematics
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel
- Must love numbers
Additional InformationWonderful's dedication to you:
- Masters degree in Agriculture, Economics, Operations Engineering, Business, Mathematics
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using an ERP system, Oracle EBS desirable
- Two (2) or more years related experience and/or training in manufacturing, commercial nursery experience is a big plus
- Some knowledge of plant propagation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable
Why chose Wonderful?
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving ( www.wonderfulgiving.com ) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards arepart of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com , or follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram . To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr .
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information