Job DescriptionA Day in the Life atWonderful Orchards:
As directed by the supervisor, and observing all safety rules of the company, skilled mechanical work in maintenance, repair, and operation of farm equipment. Operation of and basic repair of: Pickups, Mechanic Trucks, Automobiles and farm equipment.
Functions include but are not limited to the following. Must be able to move freely between tasks depending on work load, season, etc. Equipment & Vehicle Maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance on farm equipment by testing, adjusting, cleaning and replacing worn parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on work trucks and vehicles by testing, adjusting, cleaning and replacing worn parts.
- Use computer monitoring equipment to test the function of equipment and systems, checking for leaks, malfunctions, or weak points.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanism, wheel bearings, suspension and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine safety inspections.
- Fabricate new metal parts, using drill presses, engine lathes, and other machine parts.
- Perform DOT/ BIT inspections and document findings.
- Independently perform: Tire mounting/dismounting, balance, determine patch/repair or discard
QualificationsYour Contribution to Wonderful Orchards:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Fuels, washes and cleans vehicles.
- Sweep shop floors, keeping areas free for debris.
- Move equipment as requested.
- Maintains repair and fabrication records with detailed of repairs.
- Maintains assigned tools, equipment and supplies in good working condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
No formal education or experience is required for this position. High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred and 1--2 years mechanical experience in a repair shop environment
Additional InformationWonderful's dedication to you:
- Experience using a variety of hand tools and mechanized tools.
- Experience in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment.
- Experience MIG and stick welding preferred.
Why chose Wonderful?
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving ( www.wonderfulgiving.com ) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards arepart of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com , or follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram . To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr .
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information