Job DescriptionThe Role
We are seeking a motivated and responsible college student in the related fieldfor full time 8-week internship. In this position, you will gain hands on professional experience and learn how the department runs.
This position is located at New Columbia in Firebaugh, CA.Duties and Responsibilities
Assisting with activities related to water scheduling and monitoring. Includes collecting, recording, and analyzing information from water monitoring devices (soil moisture sensors, pressure bombs, water transmitters, water meters, weather stations); assisting with water orders; organizing a database of irrigation equipment; and testing the accuracy of water meters. Work environment/conditions
• Occasionally the employment commitment may require work or travel on weekends and outside normal business hours to collect or analyze data.
• Field work requires use of an ATV and some farm machinery (training provided) and dexterity in handling moderately heavy (50 lbs.) pieces of equipment while on foot in the orchards.
• Orchard conditions are extreme, with summer temperatures regularly exceeding 100 F°.
• Possession of a valid driver's license and safe driving record is required.
Candidates must have a reliable form of personal transportation due to the rural location, however a company vehicle will be available during business hours for inter-company travel.QualificationsRequirements and Qualifications
• Must be 18 years of age
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed and able to work autonomously
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
• COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemptionAdditional InformationPerks
Why choose Wonderful?
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving ( www.wonderfulgiving.com ) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
We are harvesting a better world- We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
We nourish, naturally- We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
We play to win- Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
We act differently- With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information