- Completes work assignments and work orders in timely manner
- Follows all company policies and works safely always
- Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment, and tanks
- Assist sin all cellar operations; racking, transfers, and barrel downs
- Responsible for Intake, inoculations, chemical additions, and pressings
- Monitors temperature of wine tanks
- Cleans, maintains, and organizes barrels as needed
- Assists with still wine barrel work
- Replenishes cellar inventory of supplies
- Samples tanks as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous cellar experience and/or 4-year degree in related field is required. 21 years of age.
- Verbal and written English skills preferred, but not required
- Applicants must be able to perform basic math calculations
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, as well as dealing with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is in an industrial setting with forklift traffic and public tour groups. Employees are also exposed to weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cellar work is a physically demanding position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. However, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Additional Information
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES®blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at11680 Chimney Rock Road,features a Tasting Room, luxuryfive-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®,and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Roomopened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com .
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information