The Lil' PopsView Full Profile
About The Position
Job description: This position will primarily be responsible for sales in the North East, establishing relationships with local distributors and retailers, and implementing and executing field marketing activities to drive velocity in store. Beyond retail sales, this role will additionally be responsible for working on alternative sales channels including e-commerce.
- Build out distribution
- Plan and execute effective sales calls
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts
- Work alongside the founder to create sales strategies
- Coordinate sales efforts with distributors and retailers to ensure implementation of sales strategy and in-store marketing programs
- Implement and execute a brand ambassador program for demos, product training, tastings, promotions, and events
- Organize and manage promotions and events to drive brand awareness
- 2-5 years of business/sales experience in CPG industry
- College degree preferred
- Super organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with regional retailers and distributors
- Experience executing field marketing strategies (demos, promotions, etc.)
- Extreme self starter
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and can pick up on new technology quickly
- Have a valid driver’s license
- ...above everything, we are looking for someone with a glass-half-full attitude who believes in The Lil’ Pops mission and is ready to get down to it and get their hands dirty!
To apply, resume and cover letter are required. Help us get to know you. Not just your experience, but also why startup-land excites you!
About us: We are The Lil’ Pops, an innovative food startup specializing in all things sorghum. Our ambition is to create a range of sorghum grain products to go across retail category and channel, making this 8,000 year old grain of the past the sustainable grain of the future. Our first product (our baby!) is a popped sorghum clustered snack that looks like itty-bitty teeny-tiny popcorn. They’re entirely corn free and don’t have the pesky hulls that get caught in your teeth (yay!).
Wait, but, what’s sorghum? Sorghum is an AMAZING US grown ancient grain. It’s naturally gluten free and unlike 88% of US corn, US sorghum has never been genetically modified. It’s a super drought resilient crop, requiring minimal water to grow. With American’s over consuming corn, we believe in the power of sorghum for the people and the planet! The Lil’ Pops are celebrating a positive future!
We are based in WeWork’s Food Labs. We are currently out of their SoHo location, moving to their brand-spankin’-new, Chelsea location by the end of the year. Food Labs is a remarkable co-working space full of food startups, CPG service providers, and freelancers who are hardworking, hustle-loving, super-humans that love their work as much as we do. It is a great, supportive, and positive environment. The new space will have an r&d kitchen, recording studio, and food photography studio. And, of course, let’s not forget the beer on tap!
Here in HQ, no two days are ever alike! We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment and are willing to, and comfortable with “building the plane while flying it too.”
- Reports To Founder/CEO