About The Position
WHO WE ARE:
The Honey Pot was born out of one woman’s need to naturally heal herself. And evolved into a mission to clean up the feminine care aisle. Our mission is to educate, support, and provide humans with vaginas as around the world the tools and resources that promote health and wellness; by engaging these humans one healthy honey pot at a time. Through our functional plant derived feminine care system, our goal is to provide humans with a safe and alternative to feminine care that is powered by herbs.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
The Logistics & Distribution Lead will oversee the daily management of the operation supporting national returns processing and outbound order preparation for a multichannel distribution center. Become a part of our rapidly growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Monitor and review open orders daily from the open orders report and update direct supervisor
· Indirect supervision of 3pl’s warehouse associates, including motivating, coaching, training
· Handle inventory control processes; drive quality operations through the application of Lean methodologies
· Create and monitor KPIs against targets; lead the organization to meet or exceed KPIs
· Ensure picking and put-away activities in the distribution center are meeting operational needs
· Lead the operations team to support value-added service and outbound packing to meet or exceed lead time requirements
· Initiate and facilitate projects focusing on the improvement of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale
· Partner with 3PL’s to identify and call out any potential shipping issues and/or delays. Inform the broader team of any findings.
· Ensure compliance to all company and business policies and administer all open sales order and ensure proper order flow.
· Generate internal Late Order and Back Order reports and supply daily updates to the team.
· Monitor and report any transmission errors or any issues that occur with online or EDI orders daily to the team.
· Regularly communicating with the warehouse to ensure customer satisfaction and process adherence.
· Monitor, on a weekly basis, the performance of the assigned KPI’s and identify root causes, corrective, and preventive actions for low performance results.
· Maintain, on a weekly basis, the results of the assigned KPI’s in the official template
· Other special projects as assigned from time to time to support the company’s needs
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning)
- Oversee inventory procedures at 3pl warehouse (e.g. reconcile inventory, chargebacks, transfers)
- Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery)
- Help foster trusting relationships with vendors and team members
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain performance
JOB COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES:
· Proficient Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel and Word)
· Excellent communication skills
· Quick response time
· Detail Oriented and Organized
· Adaptive learner, Flexibility, Patience, Analytical and Multi-task
· Able to work in a team environment and to able to see the big picture and find robust solutions.
· Adaptable to fast-changing demands
· Familiar with customer routing portals and compliance procedures
· Solid problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in computer databases, statistic applications and logistics programs
- 5 years of experience in the logistics industry or related industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP, NetSuite)
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. Inventory planning, warehouse management)
· Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
· Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
· Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
QUALITY AND SAFETY STANDARDS:
Work product of the department must be high quality. Must have ability to innovate process improvements in order to achieve the highest operational standards. Takes a proactive approach to safety in the workplace for all The Honey Pot Company operations and offices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste, and smell; traverse business office areas and retail shops.
Must be able to type on a computer keyboard, use 10-key, dial a telephone and efficiently utilize other common office equipment requiring the ability to use fingers and hands on a regular basis using fine motor movements. Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbal, complex ideas, information, and concepts to all levels in the organization including executive management. Must be able to participate in verbal and written conversations, requiring ability to read, talk and hear to understand what others are communicating as well as able to write and speak to effectively communicate with others.
Mild exposure to electrical shock using office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, and copier machines.
Office environment is temperature controlled from 65 – 75 degrees, no exposure to variable extremes of excessive heat or cold temperatures.
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Regularly works in a modern business office environment, may occasionally work out of retail shop locations or other off-site locations. Full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday. This position may infrequently require longer hours and weekend work.
Modern office equipment includes personal computer, printer, telephone, and copy machine.