About The Position
Responsible for the execution of Brown-Forman brands’ merchandising standards within the New Jersey On and Off-premise retail environment. Champion, implement and execute Brown-Forman standards and merchandising/selling techniques...
Hive, Inc. of Toronto Canada is a beverage alcohol sales and marketing agency. It is a 3rd party representative of Brown-Forman Corporation in multiple US markets, including, NJ.
is an independent, publicly traded producer and marketer of premium spirits, wines, and other adult beverages, including the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey Family of Brands, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester Bourbon, Finlandia Vodka, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, Korbel California Champagnes, Sonoma-Cutrer Estate Bottled Wines and Chambord liqueur. For more information about Brown-Forman and our brands, please visit our website at www.brown- forman.com.
Hive Swarm, as the company is known in NJ, is a Merchandising Training and Development program dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in the field. The candidates selected for these positions will represent the Brown- Forman portfolio, and will cover a territory in Northern, Central or Southern New Jersey.
The Hive Swarm program offers an excellent compensation package including bonus potential and company provided vehicle, as well as benefits including, medical, paid time off and
holidays. This is a very exciting opportunity to represent some of the finest consumer brands in the world.
Reports to: Hive Managing Director & Swarm Team Manager
Partners with: Key customer contacts, distributors, and Brown-Forman NJ team: (Off & On-Premise Managers, Area Managers, and State Manager).
Responsible for the execution of Brown-Forman brands’ merchandising standards within the New Jersey Off-Premise retail environment. Champion, implement and execute Brown-Forman standards and merchandising/selling techniques in assigned accounts.
Candidates for the Account Representative role will begin their time in this program in a specific Off-Premise channel. They will, however, experience working on both On & Off Premise channels through their tenure in this program.
· Maintain a territory of 60 Key Off-Premise accounts providing call frequency based on Brown-Forman account value, and building a solid, value added relationship for both Brown-Forman and retailer.
· Maintain and monitor Key account progress by providing product placement, promotion development, POS placement, and tracking feature pricing.
· Achieve all assigned monthly targets. This will be tracked by a Google application and will be completed every week.
· Off-Premise objectives include but are not limited to: building displays, shelf resets, selling in new points of distribution, cold box placement, visibility and in-store merchandising, booking in-store demos.
· Using Sales Force to maintain and track a weekly schedule of key account visits. This schedule should be complete on how many times the account was visited, what was done in the account, and the time spent in the account. This is due every week.
· Call on all accounts in assigned territory a minimum of 2xs per month
· Present at least seven fact-based sales presentations per week to retailers to secure displays and initiate shelf merchandising in Off-Premise and promote menus, features and back bar placement in the On-Premise that meets Brown Forman brand standards.
· Conduct a business review with all key accounts at least 2 times per year.
· Execute all relevant display installation and promotional requests from distributors and/or retailers.
· Support and execute frequent Brand Driven special events and promotions throughout NJ.
· Maintain an efficient route plan for assigned accounts which will dictate key account contacts and call frequency. This should be updated at least once per quarter.
· Maintain account route cards to track Brown-Forman brand status compared to the competitive set based on shelf position/facings, floor displays, and cold box status in the Off-Premise as well as menu placements, distribution and features in the On-Premise. This should be completed twice per year.
· Maintain expense reports and turn them in monthly.
· Record daily accomplishments on a qualitative expectations form based on monthly national brand programs and objectives. This will be in the form of a Google application and will be done every week.
· Provide any insight and discuss any needs to help drive Brown-Forman brands at weekly office meetings.
· Provide a monthly “Best Practice” as part of the Hive Swarm Buzz newsletter
· Submit completed display installation reports at least once per week.
· Build an understanding of Brown-Forman brands, Brown-Forman way of selling and principles of merchandising, as well as an understanding of the competition.
· Gain an understanding of Brown-Forman monthly national brand objectives.
· Gain a comprehensive understanding of the landscape and mechanics within the Beverage Alcohol industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
· PC proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, take direction and work as a member of a team.
· Excellent strategic and tactical skills; demonstrated ability to implement and adapt national programs to the field.
· Must have a valid state motor vehicle driver’s license, clean driving record, and the ability to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis.
· Must be willing to work occasional nights & weekends to support activities in the market.
· Must live in New Jersey or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in sales or marketing with an emphasis on the beverage industry.
· 1-3 years in sales within the beverage industry.
BF & Hive are committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all qualified candidates and employees. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified individuals from all communities and backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.