About The Position
Overview of Role:
The role of the Hive Key Account & Activation Manager is a hands-on position meant to drive sales volume and brand visibility of Brown-Forman’s spirits brands. The role will achieve success through the activation of those brands’ national platforms in local bars, restaurants, and retails stores, targeting consumers as well as hospitality professionals & retail gatekeepers. The position includes sales, target account management, brand & category training, and the tactical activation of creative, engaging brand experiences in the on-premise, off-premise, and non-traditional venues. This exciting role includes interaction with the local distributor to facilitate target account programs and provide excellent communication to, ensuring strategic sales growth and successful consumer engagement.
While the Hive Key Account & Activation Manager will be responsible for many brands in Brown-Forman’s portfolio, the breakdown of time spent on each brand will be determined by national brand platforms/priorities, as well as the needs of their local market teams.
- Accept and embrace Hive U.S. and Brown-Forman corporate philosophies.
- Effectively communicate to appropriate parties and managers.
- Clearly exhibit ideas and thoughts both orally and in written form.
- Use appropriate communication methods.
- Assists and supports coworkers, works cooperatively in groups and actively resolves conflicts through tact, consideration and a spirit of teamwork and leadership.
- Meet all commitments and deadlines and respond promptly to Brown-Forman needs.
- In collaboration with local team, set expectations and monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Exhibit sound judgment and be able to support and explain reasoning behind decisions.
- Understand and communicate the essence of Brown-Forman brands through the execution of all program events within the respective market.
- Create, cultivate, and manage relationships with multicultural consumers & trade as appropriate to the brand priorities and target market demographics.
- Fully understand and abide by all Hive and Brown-Forman legal compliances and digital compliance standards.
Key Position Deliverables:
- Understand the full history and all brand related facts to the promotable brand/brand portfolio. Be the Expert!
- Work with Brown-Forman field sales teams, key local distributor representatives and key account contacts in the management and execution of promotional brand objectives.
- Execution of On/Off-Premise promotions, activations, special events, and B-F Programs.
- Schedule promotions / events at target accounts (on-sale and retail) in conjunction with Brown-Forman, distributor management, and sales reps.
- Feedback on event effectiveness of activations in a timely manner, in qualitative and quantitative forms.
- Manage the sales to a key set of on-premise accounts in target market, as informed by Brown-Forman Brand priorities.
- Manage the sales to a key set of off-premise accounts in target market, as informed by Brown-Forman Brand priorities.
- Ensure proper brand positioning and messaging in target market’s e-premise sphere.
- Seek out opportunities & lead creative planning/execution of brand activations in non-traditional spaces (digital, in-home activations for consumers, etc.).
- Integrate multicultural accounts into your target account list to a percentage aligned with demographics, brand priorities, and target consumer profiles.
- In partnership with the FMM develop creative consumer-facing activation plans that bring to life national brand platforms in target market accounts (on and off-premise).
- Manage the activation of consumer-facing events (planning and promotion) in partnership with target accounts.
- Leverage activations for brand distribution, menu features and placements in target account set.
- Communicate market activities to Hive Manager and B-F contact, showcasing volume and visibility wins.
- Act as key point of contact for coordinating merchandise/POS delivery to promote national brand platforms in key accounts.
- Work closely with distributor to communicate all brand expectations and ensure correct consumer and general market trade engagement.
- Build long-term brand presence while building long-term relationships with hospitality professionals in target accounts.
- Strictly manage strategic activation budget by monitoring aligning expenses with output along brand guidelines.
- Manage target accounts’ POS orders, delivery, and implementation surrounding target brands.
- Maintain and track personal expense reporting and trackers for all market activities.
- College Degree preferred. Marketing/Business experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- 2-3 years industry experience and a passion for the spirits industry; extensive premium whiskey category knowledge a definite plus.
- Fluent in English
- Must have general computer knowledge and be able to work different programs on an iPad.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; excellent training and media handling skills.
- Confidence working in range of on- and off-premise environments, from high-end hotels to dive bars.
- Organized, ambitious, self-starter, outgoing, charismatic personality, independent, but also a team player.
- In-depth understanding of target consumer, spirit brand priorities, and the three-tiered system.
- Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours is required (holidays, nights, and weekends).
- Extensive drive time within the respective market will be required; therefore, reliable transportation is a must.
- Bonus opportunity distributed every four months if goals are met
- $400 per month car allowance
- Monthly communication budget for cell phone and internet
- Monthly T&E/Travel budget
- Health Insurance available
Hive Inc. is a modern creative solutions company delivering ‘Valuable Encounters’ for our clients’ customers. Our services include the creation of advertising content, the delivery of impactful experiential programs & the ability to provide brand activation retail teams for North American & global markets that deliver results.
Since 1994, we have been creating value for clients by helping them turn every brand touchpoint into an opportunity to engage in an exchange of value with consumers. The sole focus: drive valuable encounters for our client partners that drive measurable results.
The company works across North America serving clients that include: Brown Forman; Coca-Cola; Astro Yogurt; VanCity Community Investment Bank; Heineken; McCain Foods; Ontario Lottery Corporation; Canopy Growth.
We have worked as a close partner of Brown-Forman since 1997 in a range of creative, experiential and brand activation roles in the U.S. & internationally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.