Job Location: Stuarts Draft, Virginia
To operate, maintain and repair all equipment used to compress and clean air; treat, heat and/or cool water; generate steam; HVAC systems and peripheral cooling systems - as well as all accessory and associated equipment. Provide assistance to manufacturing when called, work with vendors, understand and follow company policies, procedures and all safety and security regulations and policies.
Candidate skill set should include:
- Completion of an approved Virginia Department of Labor & Industry maintenance mechanic and refrigeration mechanic apprenticeship programs or the equivalent.
- Minimum three years experience operating, maintaining and repairing refrigeration, HVAC, steam and compressed air systems.
- A valid and current EPA 608 universal refrigeration certification.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and understand blueprints, P&ID's, piping schematics, electrical circuitry drawings, engineering sketches, standards & specifications, gauges, meters, graphs, charts and reference tables.
- Experience in diagnosing, repairing and installing both mechanical and electrical components across a variety of utility systems.
- Experience in the use of fork lifts, scissors lifts, miscellaneous lifts, step & extension ladders.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate both written & verbally regarding shift activities, equipment issues and corrective measures taken to investigate and solve equipment and system problems.
- Skills to document accurate information of equipment repairs, troubleshooting steps, parts used and time spent in the SAP work order system.
This position will require:
- Mechanic will be required to work rotating shifts including scheduled weekends, holidays and overtime, and unscheduled overtime as required for utility operation.
- Mechanic must routinely check equipment located external to the plant, which requires walking, climbing, bending etc. in all weather conditions.
- Mechanic must load containers, remove and install equipment which will require lifting and dexterity.
- Mechanic to quickly gain familiarity with the plant layout and equipment locations.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans