Job Location: Hershey, PA Job Summary:
The Staff Engineer Advanced Technology understands the business strategy and identifies breakthrough supply chain technologies to transform our business system. The Staff Engr. will also serve as and or become a subject matter expert with high level depth and breadth of technical knowledge in Hershey's advanced supply chain technologies. Advanced supply chain technologies include but are not limited to: advanced processing technologies, hygienic equipment & systems technology, robotics, automation, artificial intelligence, flexible manufacturing, "lights out" operations, advanced analytics, internet of things, vertical integration, and new distribution channels.
The Staff Engineer Advance Technology identifies and develops step changes in our processing capability as part of the engineering competitive advantage. Delivers discovery of advanced confectionary processing technology and leadership of new technology design from ideation through first commissioning. Leads and manages diverse project teams comprised of both technical and non-technical Company persons, along with a broad composition of external contractors and suppliers. Able to simultaneously manage multiple large and complex projects, devises methods and procedures to ensure project commitments are delivered. Works independently. Reports to Director, Advanced Technology Role Responsibilities:
- Partners with Director to manage the supply chain advanced technology funnel from conception to delivery. Helps to prioritize work streams for projects within the funnel.
- Actively leads and manages large and complex innovative discovery and design projects with significant innovation and growth impact.
- Able to simultaneously lead and manage multiple large design projects, and manage a large and diverse contractor and supplier base as such discovery and design projects are implemented.
- To successfully accomplish discovery and design project objectives, able to lead and direct activities of persons not directly assigned to the project team, e.g., Marketing persons, S&OP persons, IE's, R&D members, etc.
- Ensures all project designs and implementation activities are in full compliance with all corporate capital control policies and procedures.
- Ensures all assigned technical team members are working in a collective manner, work is technically correct for the project discovery and design scope, and all efforts are executed in a manner to maintain project budget and schedule.
- When directing and managing non-THC persons contracted to support the project implementation commitments, represents the Company in a manner as outlined in the Corporate Code of Business Ethics, and ensures all contractors and suppliers adhere to applicable Company safety, security, and contractual requirements.
- Provides technical, schedule, and budgeting advisements during the project development processes.
- Provides key engineering functional advisements and direction to Engineering leadership and Advanced Technology leadership during project development activities to ensure full project scopes, schedules, and budgets are developed, challenged, and critiqued.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to more junior engineers, technical specialists, and project managers to provide opportunities for them to develop critical technical, management, and business skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical ) or equivalent experience
- 5 - 15 years of major engineering process design and delivery management experience
- Experience with complex supply chains, supply chain systems, and advanced engineering technology
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans