Job Location: Hershey, PA Job Summary:
Manage customer orders from time of receipt through invoicing for the company's National and Strategic customers, requiring minimal supervision. Represent The Hershey Company in a professional manner by maintaining and enhancing a positive business relationship with customers, sales representatives and brokers. Respond in a timely and effective manner to customer inquiries. Interact with other personnel within the Order Fulfillment process to assure that orders are delivered to meet customer expectations. Represent Customer Service on Promotional and Operational Task Teams. Lead the mentoring and training of new team members. Organize and participate in customer meetings. Challenge existing policy and procedure with the intention of growing business, reducing cost and improving customer service levels. Assist in identifying candidates and opportunities for further partnering with our customers on programs such as cross dock, surge storage, and continuous replenishment. Serve as a backup to Manager if called upon, which might require leading/participating in staff meetings, communication of team issues, resolution of customer problems. Role Responsibilities:
- Manage order-to-invoice cycle for customer orders utilizing SAP system for the National and Strategic customers. Enter orders, manage incoming EDI orders, review and clear EDI workflow, blocked items/orders, and incomplete status in a timely manner in accordance with policy. Ensure timely release of orders held for credit review in accordance with policy. Ensure accuracy of appropriate promotions and pricing and confirm material availability while considering version substitution opportunities. Proactively identify ongoing issues and address root causes. Proactively seek business growth opportunities and cost savings measures. Proactively initiate and lead efforts to continuously improve service levels. Actively and professionally challenge existing Order Fulfillment policies and procedures with the intention of growing business, reducing costs and enhancing customer service.
- Coordinate and execute seasonal program requirements by negotiating delivery dates to achieve maximum case fill and level shipping demands. Work with customers to create test orders to validate items, quantity and price and maintain CMIR records prior to seasonal order placement. Utilize SAP spreadsheet upload and quote order functionality to provide early demand visibility to Supply and Demand Planning. Organize and conduct meetings for the purpose of addressing item issues and custom item production and distribution requirements. Work closely with Supply Chain Manager to assure compliance with customer requirements, maximize case fill, achieve on-time delivery and develop communication vehicles to provide up-to-date information to the customer.
- Communicate across Order Fulfillment Process to ensure Customers' needs are met. Proactively communicate with Supply Planning regarding significant inventory availability issues. Work with Supply and Demand Planning to resolve specific inventory availability issues with specific customer orders. Work in close coordination with Customer Accounting Services personnel in support of deduction avoidance and expedient resolution of open deductions. Communicate with Transportation Planning and Warehouse Operations to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Lead development and delivery of educational materials to other personnel within the Order Fulfillment process with the goal of enhancing overall process understanding. Participate in customer meetings with the Sales Team Lead, Customer Sales Executives and Supply Chain Manager as well as cross representation over the Supply Chain group to discuss critical issues as they relate to customers, upcoming programs, customer-specific requests and customer feedback. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the order-to-cash process, from EDI functionality, inventory allocation (ATP), ASNs, invoicing through to delivery, and represent the order-to-cash flow, procedures and policies when defining a problem and offering a resolution. Follow through with all appropriate personnel to assure implementation of recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Customers, Sales and Brokers. Communicate in a positive manner with all groups to ensure positive win-win relationships. Provide high degree of one-stop-shopping for Customers, Sales and Brokers by acting as the sole contact for a wide variety of issues, work with appropriate Order Fulfillment personnel to reach resolution, and respond with resolution in a timely manner while respecting the relationship between the Buyer, Sales Representative and Broker. Proactively communicate service-related issues including product availability, pricing and promotions and demonstrate and an understanding of the customer's business. Initiate and lead the planning, organization and execution of customer meetings to identify and resolve issues and to seek business-building opportunities. Develop and deliver presentations to sales and customer personnel. Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and in accordance with standards and policy. Initiate and lead critical conference calls for the purpose of strengthening relationships, resolving problems, clarifying instructions and explaining programs.
- Ensure effective team coverage and overall customer service. Maintain accurate customer profiles to ensure customer's unique needs are documented and available to all team members. Provide backup support to team members away from the office. Assist in the completion of any other daily team responsibilities or special projects. Take advantage of resourcing, stop-off combinations, and delivery appointment opportunities to resolve daily operational issues. Request promotion variances whenever appropriate to gain approval for shipment outside a promotional window. Lead the mentoring and training of new team members and assist in the development of regional customer service team members by sharing objectives and demonstrating procedures for communicating and reporting.
- Represent Customer Service in Task Teams. Initiate and demonstrates leadership in cross-functional task teams focused on seasonal programs, new product launches and other promotional programs. Participate on task teams focused on operational issues such as inventory allocation, managing demand vs. capacity at specific facilities, last call/stop sell management, etc. Proactively prepare reports, gather information and help to plan agendas for meetings. Organize "experts" across the Supply Chain to gain information for issue resolution or business building opportunities.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Customer Service, Logistics, or related field.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans