Job Location: Hershey PASummary:
Serves as Quality Regulatory Compliance (QRC) representative for Hershey Company contract manufacturing/packaging facilities. Under moderate guidance, leads quality programs and complex assignments. Serves as a resource for multiple contract partner facilities with respect to Global Food Safety Standards, food safety regulations, weight control, sanitary design, allergens, cleaning, incident management and other related matters.
Examples include auditing and assessing customer and supplier quality programs, co-packing and co-manufacturing quality programs, , troubleshooting issues of high complexity; interaction with regulatory officials on behalf of Hershey; leading cross functional teams (Marketing, Legal, etc.) on short or long-term assignments with respect to complex QRC situations (i.e. innovation, regulatory changes, quality incidents, etc.).
This position is within the Quality and Regulatory Compliance Department in the US Region. This is a corporate based position.Major Duties/Responsibilities:
Scope of the Position:
Project, Plant and New Product Support:Acts as QA representative on cross functional project teams, complex assignments and engineering projects including new manufacturing lines. May coordinate new product efforts from initial test runs to full-scale production to assure integrity of systems. Influence food safety and quality systems for new products/new manufacturing lines at external partners to meet company and regulatory requirements.
Auditing: Conducts quality systems audits across Supply Chain to provide assessments of adequacy and issues recommendations or guidelines to ensure compliance standards are met. Provide audit summaries to Hersheys Senior Management and/or external business partners.
Training: Develops and/or implements training programs to assure compliance and understanding of internal quality expectations and regulatory compliance.
Incident Management: leadstroubleshooting incidents of high complexity with the potential large financial or regulatory impacts. Manage product holds and facilitate root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventive actions. Partner with cross functional groups (Manufacturing, Marketing, Legal, etc.) and external business partners to ensure communications and action plans are established. Ensure timely and cost-effective resolutions are achieved. Liaison for domestic and international regulatory agencies in order to manage product recalls, withdrawals, and recovery.
Continuous Improvement: Facilitate process/procedure improvement sessions related to: incident management, serious product quality issues, and overall quality system improvements. Coaching external quality teams on specific issues.
Subject Matter Expert: Generalist with broad based knowledge in multiple areas including regulations, industry practices, Global Food Safety Initiative, quality systems, data management, manufacturing processes, development of policies and procedures, and ability to implement as required. Expected to provide leadership for specific programs, project management, training, and coaching of external quality teams.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Scope of interaction: Managers, Directors, Manufacturing Plants, Corporate and External Suppliers and Customers.
- Coordination of activities: Managers, Directors, Corporate and External Contacts
- Scope of involvement: US based contract partner facilities. Handles high visibility projects at assigned plants.
- Knowledge of federal and state food industry regulations including Food Safety Modernization Act
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements - Hershey's Product Excellence Program, Food Safety (FSMA, HACCP), Good Manufacturing Process (GMP).
- Hires outside of the US must be fluent in English. Cultural business knowledge / acumen required.
Travel : Approximately 30% travel expected US. Higher travel on focused projects.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Superior communication skills in verbal and written form. Advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees (from Production to VP level)
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to make business decisions considering strategic company objectives
- Ability to represent Hershey and establish relationships with outside agencies (regulatory, co-mfg, suppliers, trade groups, etc).
- Strong auditing / assessment skills
- Problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Understanding of production / manufacturing environment
- Advanced proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point,Teams, SAP, Power BI
- Advanced knowledge of sanitation, sanitary design of equipment and facilities, food microbiology
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or related field.
- Must have applicable work experience in the food industry implementing quality and food safety programs. Consideration given to candidates with a minimum of 2-years' experience; 4 years preferred.
- HACCP, SQF and PCQI certification preferred.
- Experience in any of following products, manufacturing processes and environments is preferred: food, chocolate, sugar confectionery, enrobing, moulding, panning, slab and slit, baking, nut roasting, beverage, aseptic, retort, low water activity, intermediate water activity; soy/tofu, snacks.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans