Job Location: Hershey PA Job Summary
The Senior Sourcing Specialist will collaborate with various Professional Services organizations across the company, including, but not limited to IS, Human Resources, Finance, and Legal to develop and execute procurement strategies that drive improved business capabilities, provide best cost options, and control contract risk. The successful candidate for this position will have the skills and capabilities to build category strategies, lead sourcing events, negotiate with suppliers, and lead cross-functional sourcing teams. Role Responsibilities
- Lead the development and management of sourcing plans for assigned Professional Services categories to proactively identify sourcing needs in support of business needs
- Lead sourcing events and negotiations to achieve cost savings and cost avoidance targets.
- Collaborate with Business Owners to gain visibility into spend and identify areas of sourcing/savings opportunity
- Lead and influence Business Owners to successfully execute the sourcing strategy and to comply with Hershey's Procurement Policies
- Lead and execute Request for Proposal (RFP) and other competitive bidding events including conducting due diligence on suppliers, contacting suppliers to communicate requirements, evaluating bids received and summarizing findings with the Business Owner.
- Working alongside Business Owners to manage the supplier relationships to ensure service levels and contractual obligations are met
- Utilize spend analytics to identify areas of sourcing/savings opportunity in assigned categories
Additional Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field of study are required
- Minimum 3 years experience in Procurement or a Sourcing environment
- Strong experience with strategy, analytics, and project management.
- Indirect sourcing category experience preferred.
- Experience evaluating supplier bids and conducting contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and supply chain management principles.
- Ability to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal skills with demonstrated experience communicating with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn at a challenging pace and in a changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven sourcing skills and expertise.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Extremely motivated, high-energy and self-starter mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to prioritize in an ever-changing environment.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Similar jobs to check out:
Job Location:Hershey, PA Job Summary: The Hershey Technical Center consists of Product Development, Engineering, Pilot Plant operations, Micro and Analytical labs, administrative functions and warehousing activities....
Location: Hazleton, PA Position Type: Hourly Pay: Qualified Rate-$32.57The Hazleton Plant of The Hershey Company, a manufacturer of chocolate and confectionary products, has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician.The qua...
Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA Please note that this is a 3rd shift position Summary: The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese's Pieces, Reese Cups, Reese ...