Job Location: Robinson, IL Summary:
The Hershey Company Robinson plant is a non-union plant producing products such as PayDay, Heath, Skor, Milk Duds, Whoppers, Reese's Pieces, Zero, Brookside, & Scharffen Berger, in a high-speed complex environment.
The Senior Accountant's primary focus will be to understand and anticipate variance issues on the production lines and be the Line Performance Reporting (LPR) expert and champion for the plant. The Senior Accountant will also lead management in inventories, production analysis, profit plan development, & lead the training of accounting employees.
The Senior Accountant will be actively involved in providing support for the accuracy of data in LPR. The ability to work independently with many different plant disciplines is a critical component of success as is the ability to ensure accuracy of reports and analysis under tight time deadlines. Additionally, being able to multi-task and working on projects with little direction is required. Responsibilities:
- Plant Performance Reporting: Support the Plant Controller in developing, analyzing, and reporting of performance, budgets, and outlooks, monthly close, and financial controls.
- Assist in performing plant analytics and analysis of anomalies and variances to enable the plant to address issues and improve performance.
- Assume responsibility for utilizing data analysis created above to determine causes of performance shortfalls. Issue performance reports that highlight performance shortfalls to applicable Plant users.
- Work with manufacturing and plant management to determine causes for significant long- and short-term performance shortfalls on Key Performance Indicators and focus efforts on overcoming any shortfalls.
- Use outlooks and various performance analysis statistics. These statistics will include line mix and production pounds. Use this analysis to assist in various outlook submissions to Corporate Finance.
- Assist plant in delving more deeply into financial concerns or controls as required.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Facilitate the development of the plant's quarterly SOX compliance reporting and annual testing of SOX process effectiveness. This includes maintaining the monthly SOX binder; directing the monthly cost center manager sign-off process; and follow-up resolution of aged GR/IR differences and aged open PO's
- Inventory Control: Support the Inventory & Accounting Analyst in managing plant raw material, packaging, work-in-process, finished goods, and MRO inventories, while ensuring the presence of an adequate system of internal accounting controls. This includes assisting with physical inventories, analyzing physical adjustments, controlling obsolescence, and resolving goods movement and workflow errors
- Fixed Asset Control: Coordinate the annual fixed asset inventory process and facilitate the prompt disposition of fixed asset additions, deletions, and transfers in accordance with established procedures.
- Payroll: Provide direction to the Plant's Payroll Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, and adherence to all payroll-related SOX process controls.
- Ensure adequate back-up for payroll.
- Annual Budget and Standards Revision Process: (may be up to 50% of time during months of August-October): Assist in the annual plan process by coordinating the establishment of new product standards, direct labor and variable overhead rates, and common overhead budgets. In addition, this position will provide support through data input and assurance of earnings / expense balancing in SAP.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Linking of budget package, which provides summary of relevant profit plan details, to supporting detail. Provide to management for review.
- Completion of other budget analysis as necessary
- Complete special projects as assigned and provide additional accounting support as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to lead a project to completion.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with all levels and functions to deliver timely results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Ability to lead by involving others in decision processes.
- SAP (preferred)
- Advanced spreadsheet skills - Excel (required)
- Advanced accounting systems & practices
- Advanced analytical ability
- Periodic flexible work hours (physical inventories, month-end close, budgeting)
- B. S. in Business related field required. Accounting or Finance Degree, strongly preferred
- Advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CMA, MBA) is preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing accounting or equivalent accounting experience, required
- People leader experience
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans