Job Location: Hershey, PA
Preferred location is Hershey, PA. Will also consider someone remote for the right experience. Must reside within easy driving/train distance to Hershey, PA and NYC. Frequent travel to both Hershey and NYC is required for this position. Summary:
This Sr. Manager is personally responsible for leading The Hershey Company's investments in all Paid Media including Linear, Digital Addressable & Direct, Social, Search and Retail Media on Reese's, the company's largest brand. In addition, this Sr. Manager will lead coordination of media plans across the Hershey Company portfolio of brands for both the Easter and Halloween seasons. In addition, this position has 2 direct reports responsible for KitKat, Payday, Almond Joy, Mounds, York, Rolo & Heath.Responsibilities include:
- Lead Strategic Paid Media Planning, Execution and Optimizations for Reese's and the company's Easter & Halloween portfolio - Personal responsibility for daily planning, execution and optimization in paid media spend including Linear, Digital Addressable & Direct, Social, Search and Retail Media. Develop actionable Audience Strategies then activate in all media channels. Apply strong oversight to ensure flawless delivery and frequent optimization driving ever improving ROIs that deliver Reese's business goals of sales, share and profit growth. Be a trusted advisor to Brand Teams and strong collaborator with Agency Teams to execute these goals.
- Lead Media Channel/Partner Management - Serve as Hershey company leader and subject matter expert with select media channel(s) and partner(s) (e.g. Linear TV, Social, Streaming TV, etc.). Specific channel and partners to be determined once in role. Determine best way for Hershey to activate within the channel and with media partners and deploy to all brands at The Hershey Company. Lead annual JBP negotiations on behalf of Hershey securing favorable terms, strong support teams and leadership of publisher product road map. Reevaluate channel strategy and media publisher partners on an annual basis. Establish strong relationships with industry and agency experts. Increase the acumen of the broader Hershey marketing community through both formal and informal trainings.
- Lead Agile Innovation Process for Reese's, Easter & Halloween - Hershey leverages an agile innovation process to rapidly test new media ideas before scaling to national plans. For Reese's, Halloween and Easter, develop and execute an annual innovation roadmap to ensure that the brand is futureproof as the media landscape changes. Participate as part of the broad Agile team in sprint planning sessions and meetings.Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
• Must demonstrate expert understanding of media planning and buying across all media platforms.
• Must be able to link media delivery and insights to commercial objectives of growing sales, share and profit.
• Must be analytical and able to form and clearly communicate media strategy recommendations based on their analysis
• Must be an expert in the interworking of Ad Tech (ad serving, DSPs, automated trading, verification)
• Must be able to influence and lead change with more senior brand and agency peers
• Deep curiosity, willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to thrive in a small, agile team environment with a desire to perform at a high levelMinimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 8+ years' experience in media agency management, media planning, and media buying. Must also have extensive knowledge of ad tech, media data and analytics. Will consider both client and media agency experience.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans