Job Location: Hershey, PA
Preferred location is Hershey, PA. Will also consider someone remote for the right experience.Summary:
Media has been a key source of growth at The Hershey Company for many years, but with rapid changes in the media landscape we must continue to further transform our media approach to operate in a more targeted, integrated and agile way. A key component of this transformation is integrating the planning, execution and analysis of media across all channels including upper and lower funnel tactics.
To accomplish this, a key area of focus is the integration of brand and customer media especially in the areas of search. As more and more consumers change their shopping journey from a retailer's brick and mortar store to their mobile or desktop presence, search becomes a critical component to winning at the store. In fact, it plays the role of the new digital planogram.
The Senior Associate Manager, Search will be working with the Integrated Media Manager to develop and deploy the company search strategy. The position also oversees planning, execution and optimization of open web paid search (Google, Bing, Pinterest) when included in brand media plans. Total responsibility covers up to 7 retailers, 15+ Brands. Responsibilities include:
- Lead Retailer Paid Search - Coordinate with Customer Team Marketing Managers to strategically plan, manage agency buying, execution and optimization of paid search campaigns on retail platforms to achieve stated business goals. Design and conduct tests in real time to improve performance and inform future campaigns. Monitor competitive activity and adjust plans in response.
- Lead Open Web Paid Search - Coordinate with Integrated Media Leaders to strategically plan, manage agency buying, execution and optimization of open web paid search campaigns (Google, Bing, Pinterest). Design and conduct tests in real time to improve performance and inform future campaigns. Monitor competitive activity and adjust plans in response.
- Lead Search Learning - Become the company expert on search measurement and methodologies. Contribute to agile media testing and provide context around campaign performance measurement amongst the broader media mix. Deploy learnings throughout the organization where applicable.
- Identify Future Capabilities Needs - Be the company expert on the search landscape, identifying trends that will have a material impact on our business goals. Recommend advancements needed to achieve these goals.
- Agency Management - Oversee the day to day activities of agencies who execute search on our behalf. Give direction and develop recommendations for improvement in partnership with agency. Recommend areas for agency growth and improvement. Requirements
- Experience/Familiarity with advertising and analytics platforms such as Amazon, Wal-mart, Kroger, Target, Quotient, Instacart, Google, Microsoft, Criteo, Profitero, ibotta, etc. Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major responsibilities:
• 2+ years experience in positions requiring daily use of data and analytics Experience in paid search platforms highly preferred (Amazon, WMG, Roundel, KPM, Instacart, Google)
• Experience in media buying platforms preferred but not required.
• Able to self-organize and execute deliverables independently, develop new approaches and identify roadblocks.
• Participates effectively in meetings and able to succinctly communicate approach, updates and outcomes.
• Deep curiosity, Willingness to learn, Attention to Detail, Ability to thrive in a small, agile team environment with desire to perform at a high level.
• Experience influencing and partnering with internal and external stakeholders across different organizations, specifically as it relates to visualizing and communicating technical content to lay audiences (up to and including executive leadership)Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education:Bachelor's Degree preferably in a quantitative field
Experience:Some experience working in a media buying platform
Experience utilizing data to develop prescriptive recommendations
Some experience in data visualization
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans