Job Location: Hazleton, PA Please note that this is an off-shift position, and Supervisors must be open to working 2nd and/or 3rd shift Summary:
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meeting the needs of their departments / areas in the plant. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for adhering to the employee handbook, and complying with regulatory requirements, company and plant policies, procedures, and rules in their area of responsibility. To be considered, you must also be flexible for all shifts, and weekend work.
In addition, the Production Supervisor will:
- With minimal direction and input from senior leadership, propose, plan, and execute projects to eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems
- Independently execute projects of high complexity which have a large impact on the on the company's current and/or future business interests. Projects may relate to any aspect of the business - people, procedures, policies, finances, equipment, processes and/or products
- Be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meeting the needs of their department
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Ensure that the area of responsibility supports all plant goals daily and weekly reviewing results with staff
- Coordinate and administer daily interaction between the assigned area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant. This would include peers across shifts.
- Ensure that personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually
- Ensure compliance with established standards in the areas of food quality & safety and employee safety. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and reporting procedures while complying with overtime and provisions of the handbook
- Coordinate labor staffing on a daily basis in coherence with budgeted staffing
- Document notification requests in SAP PM. Follow-up and prioritize with maintenance and other shifts.
- Input data into SAP, check QA documentation, and verify employee time cards
- Analyze information and follow-up on exceptions and opportunities
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset, elevating new ideas (both your own and those of your employees), and executing plans to positively impact the plant operations and goals
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Strong change management skills, driving and implementing change to optimize the business focusing on safety, quality and costs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work with and relate to all levels of personnel
- Ability to read/interpret production performance reports
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or in a high speed, complex environment required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans