Job Location: Memphis, TN Summary:
The Hershey Company Memphis plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Ice Breakers, Breath Savers, and Good & Plenty, in a high-speed complex environment.
The Plant Asset Data Integration & Intelligence Leader will assume responsibility for assisting and supporting business case value added initiatives through data integration and analysis of our manufacturing processes. Develop and maintain technical knowledge and proficiencies for the digital assets and intelligence solutions platforms. Primary responsibilities include collaboration with corporate and plant business leads to define business needs and requirements. Leverage OSI PI capabilities to develop and deliver the real-time asset data, intelligence & visualization solutions for supporting plant business objectives. Responsibilities:
ASSET DATA INTEGRATION
- Collaborate with plant reliability, process, and quality leads to specify machine data required to support the plants PI Asset Framework (AF) development and identification of value opportunities.
- Prepare internal maintenance Requests or Plant capital project requests to enable required machine data integration to support the plant's PI AF data attribute requirements.
- Collaborate with Corporate Engineering during capital project design, FAT and commissioning to ensure that Machine Data Integration Engineering standards are followed and required Asset data is requested, delivered, and validated.
ASSET INTELLIGENCE & ANALYTICS
- Collaborate with corporate Manufacturing Pillar Leads and Plant process, reliability, and quality leads to leverage the OSI Soft PI System to build the plant digital Asset twins and support the execution, delivery, and ongoing sustainability of the plants Asset Intelligence solutions.
- Fully leverage the PI System to collect, store, contextualize, analyze, monitor, and deliver the plants PI AF Asset Hierarchies and Asset Twins.
- Provide consulting support and coaching to Plant PI Clients for the configuration of PI Vision, ProcessBook, PI DataLink dashboard and reports to enable real time visibility of equipment health and process and quality performance.
- Configure required mathematical analysis (i.e. calculations, statistics, etc.) utilizing PI AF functions to provide users with useful data to trend and monitor to drive value & make educated decisions.
Corporate Asset Intelligence Standards
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the corporate Asset Intelligence Solutions Pillar Lead to define functional data integration protocols.
- Collaborate with the corporate Asset Intelligence Solutions Pillar Lead to develop standard data table structures to support (materials, recipe, production, quality & maintenance) transaction requirements.
- Working knowledge of control system components and architecture which includes PLCs, Ethernet, Kepware OPC, Microsoft Networking (TCP/IP), HMI/SCADA systems as well as other state of the art control components and systems preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding with securing systems running ICS-related communications protocols (Ethernet/IP, OPC, MODBUS, Profinet, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Industrial Control System Integration using open integration protocols OPC/MQTT
- Ability to apply skills across a broad range of domains (ICS, OT and IT)
- Appropriate combination of knowledge and experience in the following:
- Servers (operational systems & virtualization)
- Data Integration & Access
- Data Formats
- Programming Languages & Scripting
- Ability to configure Basic Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports
- Previous experience with OSI PI tools & software is preferred.
- Familiarity or previous experience with CI Tools and processes such as Lean, Six Sigma, etc. is preferred to help drive business value and enhance the incumbent's ability to effectively communicate with the plant reliability, process & quality leads
- Ability to train manufacturing personnel, including Operators, Supervisors, QA and Maintenance on the value-added business case solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize, and understand the required business objectives, develop solutions, control schedules, and drive efficient and expedient project executions
- Possess the appropriate negotiating skills to execute projects and other job-related duties from inception to completion
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- The incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must possess innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- The incumbent must possess ability and willingness to work in a team environment and work with limited supervision.
- The incumbent most possess the ability, willingness and demonstrated experience in accomplishing project related responsibilities within critical time restraints to meet corporate objectives.
- Salesmanship and personal integrity to drive best solution for the department and the company while providing the customer with a strong performing manufacturing system for the manufacture of our confectionary products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be open to and comfortable with change.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5+ years experience in automation solutions, data analysis, and/or Dashboard and database configuration
- Experience in leading/supporting multiple projects is required
- Working Knowledge of Industrial Control Network architecture, servers, virtualization, data integration & data historians is essential
- Working knowledge of standard industry PLC and SCADA/HMI systems preferred
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans