Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $11.00 or more based on experience Minimum Age: 18 years of age or older
Hershey's Chocolate World is the most popular brand experience in the world. Nearly four million guests visit our location in Hershey, Pennsylvania every year. Our guests come to experience our attractions, enjoy dining in our food court, and shopping for souvenirs, treats and gifts. Part of what makes our guests' experience so amazing is the exceptional customer service our team provides. In fact, our mission is to create extraordinary impressions through our people. If you would like to be part of the Hershey Chocolate World team that brings our mission to life every day, keep reading to find a career that fits your interest and abilities.
The Utility Grounds Attendant works within the Utility Department of Hershey's Chocolate World to maintain the general appearance and sanitation needs of the exterior of the facility. Grounds Attendants perform general cleaning tasks to include, but not limited to sweeping, trash removal, snow removal, cleaning windows, leaf blowing, pressure washing and other tasks as assigned. The position requires a focus on customer service and expects that the individual is approachable, courteous, knowledgeable, and has good listening and communication skills. It is designed for a motivated, team-oriented, and responsible individual who works well with minimal supervision. Task-specific training will be provided and safety guidelines must be followed. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training.
This is a part-time, seasonal position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This seasonal position has a limited number of weekday daytime shifts during non-peak seasons. This position requires weekday morning and holiday availability. This position requires a start time as early as 5 AM. This position has a starting hourly rate of $11.00 per hour or more based on relevant experience.Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable showing that our guests are our priority
- Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greeting them with a smile
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
- Ensure facility sanitation meets the high quality standards established by Hershey's Chocolate World
- Perform general cleaning tasks to include but not limited to sweeping, trash removal, snow removal, windows, leaf blowing, pressure washing. and other tasks as assigned
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of public walkways, grounds, and parking lots
- Observe and report any sanitation problems and concerns both inside and outside the building
- Must be authorized to operate a motor vehicle (to drive company vehicles)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:Education:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must maintain a neat appearance and meet uniform standards
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills
- General retail knowledge a plus
- Must be able to walk or stand for 5-8 hours
- Must be able to push/pull/lift/carry 25-50 lbs.
- Must be able to push or pull 100-200 lbs
- Requires bending/stooping/twisting
- Tolerance of repetitive motion of the hands/fingers/wrists
- Must be able to work independently and at a fast pace
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, fellow coworkers, and function effectively as part of a team
- Tolerance for working outdoors in all types of weather including extreme heat, rain, wind, snow, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently
No formal education is required. Experience:
Previous custodial experience is preferred but not required.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans