Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $8.50 or more based on experience Minimum Age: 16 years of age or older
Tour Ride Attendants are responsible for greeting and welcoming our guests and assisting with entry and exit of the tour ride cars. Position responsibilities also include ensuring guests' safety by providing physical support, while on the continuously moving turntable of Hershey's Chocolate Tour, and helping with the entry and exit of the family of guests in wheelchairs.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Hours are primarily in the summer and the fall. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This position requires evening, weekend and holiday availability and has a starting hourly rate of $8.50 or more based on relevant experience.
Hershey's Chocolate World requires a focus on exceptional customer service and expects the employees to be: approachable, courteous, knowledgeable about our products, able to clearly communicate with guests and assist them with questions, and provide general information to guests with a high level of professionalism. Tour Ride Attendants rotate throughout various areas and are scheduled at different locations on the Tour Ride. Attendants can be scheduled at the main entrance of the ride, on the turn table assisting guests on and off the ride, or on the exit ramp handing out samples. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training.Summary of major duties:
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable, showing that our guests are our priority
- Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greeting them with a smile
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
- Assist guests as they enter and exit the tour ride with a high level of customer service
- Listen to customers and provide information to assist them
- Maintain all safety standards
- May assist VIP employees with the families of guests in wheelchairs as they enter and exit the tour ride
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Education:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must maintain a neat appearance and adhere to the uniform standards
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry 25-50 pounds
- Must be able to provide physical support (assist guests who need assistance maintaining balance while stepping on and off the turntable, provide stability on the moving turntable)
- Must be able to walk or stand for 5-8 hours
- Pushing wheelchairs may be required
- This role will require bending, stooping, and twisting
- Must be able to tolerate the motion of the constantly moving turntable for the entire shift
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, fellow coworkers, and function effectively as part of a team
- Customer service, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Leadership/ability to take initiative
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- General retail knowledge a plus
No formal education required Experience:
Attraction or ride experience preferred but not required.
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans