Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $9.00 or more based on experience Minimum Age: 16 years of age or older
The Steward and Dishwasher position is an exciting new position at Hershey's Chocolate World! The team member is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of customer viewed areas as well as the equipment and items used to prepare and serve food to Hershey's Chocolate World visitors. The position plays a critical role supporting all areas of the Food Service department, ensuring foods locations are well prepared to serve our guests. Special focus will be made on exceeding guest expectations and constantly improving our high standards of customer service.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This seasonal position has a limited number of weekday daytime shifts during non-peak seasons. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday availability and has a starting hourly rate of $9.00 or more based on relevant experience.
The position requires a focus on exceptional customer service and expects the individual to be: approachable, courteous, knowledgeable about our products, able to clearly communicate with guests and assist them with questions, and provide general information to guests with a high level of professionalism. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training.
For each shift, all Food Service team members receive a free meal to enjoy during break and unlimited free fountain drinks in a souvenir cup.Summary of Major Duties/Responsibilities:
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable showing that our guests are our priority
- Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greeting them with a smile
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
- Responsible for the ongoing collection, cleaning, and sanitation of the kitchens' equipment and items used to prepare, hold, and serve food to Hershey's Chocolate World guests
- Bussing tables and collecting, washing, and returning trays to proper locations in the food court
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the dishwashing room, drying areas and racks, and other equipment and storage units
- Restocking dispensers and cleaning condiment counters, soda fountains, etc. Cleaning display case windows, sneeze guards, counters, and performing other-related tasks
- Occasional heavy cleaning of work areas including walls, floors, refrigerators, walk-in refrigerators, and freezers
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Education:
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must maintain a neat appearance and meet the uniform standard
- Must be able to walk/stand for 5-8 hours
- Tolerance for repetitive motion of the hands/fingers/wrists
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs several times throughout the shift
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must respond and follow through to workplace requests in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, other departments at Chocolate World, and function effectively as part of a team
- Tolerance for warm water, steam, and cleansing agents is essential
- Bending, lifting, reaching, and crouching are all physical demands of this job
- Tolerance of extreme temperature changes is necessary as you may need to transition from freezer to kitchen
No formal education is required Experience:
Previous dishwashing or stewarding experience preferred but is not required
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor-related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans