Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $11.00 or more based on experience Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years of age or older
Hershey's Chocolate World is the most popular brand experience in the world. Nearly four million guests visit our location in Hershey, Pennsylvania every year. Our guests come to experience our attractions, enjoy dining in our food court, and shopping for souvenirs, treats and gifts. Part of what makes our guests' experience so amazing is the exceptional customer service our team provides. In fact, our mission is to create extraordinary impressions through our people. If you would like to be part of the Hershey's Chocolate World team that brings our mission to life every day, keep reading to find a career that fits your interest and abilities.
Men's Utility Attendants work within the Utility Department of Hershey's Chocolate World to maintain the general appearance and sanitation needs of the facility and men's restrooms during operating hours (as we do not close restrooms for cleaning during operating hours due to the volume of guests that use the restrooms/facilities). The position requires a focus on customer service and expects that the individual is approachable, courteous, knowledgeable, and has good listening and communication skills. It is designed for a motivated, team-oriented, independent, and responsible individual who works well with minimal supervision. Task-specific training will be provided, and safety guidelines must be followed. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training. This position has a starting hourly rate of $11.00 or more based on relevant experience.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This position has a limited number of weekday daytime shifts during non-peak seasons. This position requires evenings, weekends, and holiday availability.Summary of Major Duties/Responsibilities:
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable, showing that our guests are our priority
- Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greeting them with a smile
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
- Ensure facility sanitation meets the high-quality standards established by Hershey's Chocolate World
- Perform general cleaning tasks to include but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, trash removal, cleaning, and sanitizing surfaces
- Maintain cleanliness of public restrooms as well as a clean supply area
- Observe and report any sanitation problems and concerns both inside and outside the building (including cleaning blood, protein spills, and other body fluids)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Male attendant needed to clean the men's public facility restrooms and men's employee restrooms during operating hours
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to walk or stand for 5-8 hours
- Must be able to push/pull/lift/carry 25-50 lbs. as well as overhead lifting
- May require bending/stooping/twisting
- There is repetitive motion of the hands/fingers/wrists
- Must be able to work independently and at a fast pace
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, fellow coworkers, and function effectively as part of a team
- Must have basic math skills
- Working outdoors may be required
Education: No formal education is required
Experience: Previous custodial experience preferred but not required
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans