Location: Hershey, PA
Duration: Summer 2021
The Hershey Company is a global fortune 500 company that is a recognized leader in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Our goal is to integrate students with our knowledgeable and successful teams in order to maintain a fresh perspective on an ever-changing world. Every day presents new challenges and opportunities to learn, grow and innovate. Are you up for the challenge? Are you ready to make a difference?
WHY INFORMATION SERVICES AT HERSHEY?
The Information Services department at The Hershey Company has open internships for analytically minded, tech-savvy undergraduate and graduate students. Technology and analytics are elemental to all aspects of Hershey business. Hershey has a diverse global team focused on providing robust innovative capabilities, partnering on analysis to drive successful business outcomes and embraces an entrepreneurial mindset to create an environment that is exciting, compelling, innovative and dynamic.
We are looking for a Cyber Defense Intern for the IS Security team who will participate in gathering and interpreting threat intelligence, SIEM detection, security automation/orchestration and attack/breach simulation initiatives.
- Threat intelligence, threat detection, and Tier-3 incident response
- Develop and mature Cyber Defense technologies and capabilities, potentially including
- Building detections rules in coordination with Tier-1 and Tier-2 SOC
- Developing and automating Incident Response Playbooks
- Breach and Attack Simulation and Red/Purple Teaming
- Strategic, Tactical and Operational Threat Management
- Some experience with Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of big data and scripting (SIEM, Python, and Powershell)
- Knowledge of packets and logs across firewalls, proxy, networks, hosts
- Knowledge of adversary tactics and techniques
- Passion for analytical problem solving
- Quick learner through formal and self-guided education
- Pro-active self-starter with a desire to make an impact
- Ability to work in teams or individually
- Courage to challenge the status quo and take smart risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher preferred
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative, STEM focus (e.g. Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology - other degrees will be considered). Graduate degrees with an analytical focus considered too.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans