Job Location: Hershey, PA
(Willing to consider regional/remote)Job Summary:
The General Accounting Specialist reports to the Manager, General Accounting - Global Business Services and supports the mission to leverage resources on a global scale through the use of shared services to reduce costs, maintain or increase customer service, and build new capabilities.
This position is primarily responsible for providing accurate and timely information for the monthly accounting close, completing post-close analyses and approvals, providing key support to the General Accounting Manager and assistance on special projects.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as primary liaison with HR Global Mobility Team and Tax Department to ensure that all expatriate employee expenses are accurately planned, recorded and billed each month
- Serving as subject matter expert on various other key accounting functions including broker commissions, intercompany service fee billings, and key benefit accrual entries and adjustments
- Reviewing and approving various general ledger journal entries and Blackline account reconciliations prepared by the Payroll & Benefits Accountant to ensure appropriateness and conformance with Financial policy
- Working with a continuous improvement mindset and continually identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvements and standardizations, including in assisting the Manager, General Accounting on work intake assessment and transition plans
- Facilitating issue identification and resolution for assigned accounting processes and responsibilities
- Preserving and promoting a strong internal control environment and compliance with Company Financial Policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley Control Owner responsibilities
- Providing ad-hoc support as necessary to the Manager, General Accounting with departmental initiatives and special company projects (M&A due diligence and integration, work intake, etc.)
- Developing strong, collaborative working relationships with teammates and business partners
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Complete routine assigned accounting tasks and oversight as described above in accordance with company policies / procedures and SOX requirements
- Indirect supervision of Payroll & Benefits Accountant including review and approval of their journal entries, accounting reconciliations and payment requests
- Manager, General Accounting support and special project work as assigned
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and internal control concepts
- Knowledge / ability to work with SAP, CFIN and Blackline
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities including evidence of problem-solving and issue resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand and align international accounting activities with global process standardization objectives.
- Effective self-direction and motivation, and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to meet deadlines, adjust to a changing workload and priorities, and produce accurate results while meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Developed collaborative, teamworking and leadership capabilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years related accounting experience.
ONE Brands, a division of The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of ONE Brands is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
ONE Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans