Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $17.00 or more based on experience Minimum Age: 18 years of age or older
Hershey's Chocolate World is the most popular brand experience in the world. Nearly four million guests visit our location in Hershey, Pennsylvania every year. Our guests come to experience our attractions, enjoy dining in our food court, and shopping for souvenirs, treats and gifts. Part of what makes our guests' experience so amazing is the exceptional customer service our team provides. In fact, our mission is to create extraordinary impressions through our people.
With that guest experience in mind, the Hershey's Kitchens Sr. Assistant Supervisor is the leader in guest service. This position will set the tone for the bakery and foods teams by demonstrating superior guest service and is responsible for coaching team members to maximize guest engagement.
The Hershey's Kitchens Sr. Assistant Supervisor is responsible for maximizing sales and supervising the day-to-day operations of Hershey's Chocolate World (HCW) Hershey's Kitchens area (to include but not limited to Ice Cream, S'mores, Bakery, Food Hall, Kitchen and Bakery and Bar plus outdoor Food and Beverage operations). The incumbent must be keenly aware of the balance required to support superior customer service and Hershey's Kitchens sales. Responsibilities include direct part-time flex force employee supervision, zoning, coaching, training, tracking attendance/tardiness, disciplinary action, and performance appraisals. Responsibilities also include making operational decisions and food display adjustments. The Hershey's Kitchens Sr. Assistant Supervisor is responsible for maintaining bakery and food displays to standards set by Global Hershey's Kitchens Team and food safety and sanitation in all areas. In addition, the candidate will supervise the proper service, handling, and sales of alcohol beverages. The incumbent will participate in weekly Hershey's Kitchens staff meetings and provides insight on consumer feedback .
This position also acts as Hershey's Kitchens "person in charge" for the Food Service Department including participating in a rotation of weekdays, weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late evening operating hours. Major Duties/Responsibilities: Employee Coaching and Supervision
Hershey's Kitchens Operations
- Through observation and demonstration, effectively coach all part-time flex-force Hershey's Kitchens team members to maximize guest engagement
- Communicate to all employees, ensuring they are knowledgeable about new menu items, promotions, marketing initiatives, and complex special events that impact the team
- Facilitate employee training, including appropriate coaching and counseling where needed and guest service training to ensure employees can provide the best possible guest service
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, check-in employees at start of shift, ensure all are in proper uniform, and make sure breaks are taken in accordance with HCW policy
- Facilitate employee rewards and recognition programs, taking the leadership role by demonstrating best practices
- Conduct part-time flex force annual performance feedback
- Facilitate attendance disciplinary process
Hershey's Kitchens Person in Charge
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the Food Hall and Bakery
- Strive for sales excellence and results
- Support Food Hall and Bakery locations as needed
Bakery and Food Merchandising
- Responsible for continuously floating the floor to d eliver a high level of consumer engagement and meet sales goals while maintaining and elevating The Hershey Company brand reputation
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing to meet the needs of the business; this includes adjusting schedules to ensure appropriate coverage within budget
- Responsible for crowd control and queuing at food and bakery locations
- Must be able to work a revolving schedule including weekends, evenings, holidays, and various shifts from 7:00 a.m. to midnight
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the ready-to-serve food and bakery items are merchandised in a consistent manner
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate communication of need with bakery and kitchen production
- Must maintain a neat appearance and meet uniform standards
- Must possess or be able to attain PA state RAMP owner/manager and server certifications and ServSafe Manager training
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to sit for 2 hours
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, and lift 25-50 lbs.
- Requires overhead lifting, stooping, bending, and twisting
- May require initial morning set up of stanchions and movement of fixtures
- Must have basic math skills (add and subtract inventory)
- Must be able to operate a cash register
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Must possess leadership skills: teamwork, employee motivation, coaching, and time management
- Must possess supervisory skills to monitor employee absences/tardiness, facilitate any needed disciplinary action, conduct interviews and performance appraisals, and review sales data.
- Must possess world-class verbal and written communication/customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of people and be collaborative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and have good follow-through skills
- Ability to work under pressure and possess problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations by remaining calm and moving with strong sense of urgency
- Prior experience in high volume Hershey's Kitchens setting preferred
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays
This description covers most of the significant duties performed, but incumbent may be responsible for other minor related work assignments. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Education:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in customer service and operations management preferably in retail, restaurants, hospitality, or equivalent experience is required.
- Bar service experience is strongly preferred but not required.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans