Job Location: Hershey, PA Summary:
The Customer Sales Executive (CSE) is responsible for profitably growing assigned customer(s) (Rite Aid) and Hershey's business to achieve objectives and plans, including net sales, market share, trade spend, and sales activity margin with a focus on the everyday business but also overseeing the seasonal business. Responsibilities include business planning & analysis, creating valued business partnerships with customers by becoming a business advisor, and achieving mutually beneficial agreements through skilled negotiation and understanding of the customer's business. The CSE will also leverage insights to build a 1 to 3-year joint business plan and deploy supporting tactics to achieve financial objectives. Given close collaboration with Rite Aid, 2+ years of prior CSE experience is strongly preferred. Responsibilities:
- Effectively collaborate with customer to optimize revenue, develop the joint business plan, and ensure retail execution to optimize customer potential.
- Achieve net sales, market share, trade spend, waste, sell thru and sales activity margin targets for assigned customer(s) by simulating and planning volume, pre and post-event analysis, as well as displaying core competencies and behaviors. This includes judiciously managing and allocating trade funds(maintaining compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley policies) to achieve profitable sales growth.
- Effectively utilize Hershey's and customers analytical tools (e.g. PlanEx, IRI, SOLVE, 1010, loyalty data, etc.) and processes to drive profitable and predictable sales results.
- Build and maintain appropriate sales plans in PlanEx.
- Manage trade fund budget to include clearing deductions and processing invoices.
- Conduct reviews of business and monitor weekly sales performance with the Category Management team to understand the results vs the planned metrics and to uncover future business opportunities
- Lead everyday/innovation line review process with the customer buying team to negotiate and sell our strategy in support of key innovation/strategic growth platforms and aligned JBP objectives.
- Monitor and control customer expenses to include waste, supply chain costs, and unauthorized deductions.
- Provide category analysis and consumer insights to customers, as well as other category tools/consultation with Category Management and Shopper Insights partnership.
- Achieve appropriate levels of account penetration.
- Manage and work collaboratively with Hershey Seasonal CSE and partner with Customer Engagement, Shopper Insights, Supply Chain, Sales Planning, and other cross functional teams working on this customer.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: At least 5-7 years relevant sales experience. #LI-89702413_AM1
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans