About The Position
Are you an authentic digital storyteller with a passion for building brands? Love whiskey? Join our team and build an awesome career in the spirits industry.
The Cooper Spirits Company is a dynamic company started by the former creator of St-Germain. The company specializes in innovative brand development, marketing, sales and management of high-quality spirits brands. Cooper Spirits is the owner of Slow & Low one of the most talked-about new brands in the industry.
We are seeking an experienced and creative full-time Digital Coordinator to join the marketing team based in Newport Beach, CA. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Digital Coordinator's main responsibility will be crafting and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts while recruiting new consumers to the brand(s). You will be working closely with all members of the marketing team to bring Slow & Low to life. This is an amazing opportunity to join an experienced team and build a whiskey/lifestyle brand.
Digital Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
Support the marketing team and digital agency by developing and executing best-in-class, results driven digital programs and developing content in alignment with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, including innovation, marketing and education teams.
Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms while maintaining a fair, balanced level of exposure across all brand pillars, inclusive of food & beverage, travel, motor, music, retailers, collaborations, UGC, branded content, education, testimonials, ratings and reviews, etc. Ensure that brand aesthetic is followed in all posts. Create monthly social media calendars in advance and load into Later, or managing tool of preference. (posts, stories and captions).
Create and edit written captions, video, and photo content. Ensure that story content is unique and engaging, showcasing a mix of brand content and UGC.
Own community management to drive positive brand conversations. Ensure questions, comments and related opportunities are handled with the brand voice in a timely, well-executed, high-touch experience.
Attend events and produce live social media content. (once we resume/2021)
Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity and other social media leaders to bring early adopter technologies, POV and trends to VP of Marketing.
Oversee day-to-day operations on the brand's social media presence, including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. Provide recommendations on new ways to engage with target consumers.
Report and analyze monthly KPIs, including follower growth of social platforms, engagement, conversation, amplification and leads across owned channels to guide and optimize overall social platform strategy. Provide monthly digital recaps to the VP Marketing.
Act as a brand ambassador for all Cooper Spirits brands including Slow & Low at events and when in accounts throughout Southern California.
Create all graphic design files for digital channels, email blasts and the sales team including menus and other requests for accounts.
Assist in the creation of digital ads for brand owned social media channels and media partners.
Role will grow to manage 3 social media accounts for Cooper Spirits in 2021.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
· 2-4 years of full-time related experience - social media and content creation
· Passion for the (craft) spirits industry is a must. Whiskey is a plus!
· Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
· Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools
· Photography skills are a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business administration, communications, or a related field required
· Branding, alcohol beverage industry experience highly valued. CPG or Lifestyle experience required.
· Highly engaged in and active on social media
· Strong copy writing and copy editing skills, ability to create copy for multiple brand voices. Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading copy.
· Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
· Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
· Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented and team player.
· Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
· Self-starter and able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
· Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly
This position offers the possibility of additional responsibilities based on experience and growth in role.
Role is based out of our Newport Beach, CA office. No relocation is provided for this role. Please apply with a resume and cover letter.