About The Position
Merchandisers are responsible for product appearance and supply in various stores throughout their designated geographic area.
Merchandisers are responsible for product appearance and supply in various stores throughout their designated geographic area. By working closely with both suppliers and manufacturers, they make certain that the promotion of specific products and services will increase sales over a period of time.
- To engage with the store team and achieve their commitment to support our brand.
- Remain up to date with industry’s best practices
- Collaborating with Head Office to ensure proper execution of plans
- Executing promotions and advertising campaigns in store
- Managing layout plans of store and maintain inventory of products
- Gathering information on market trends and customers’ reactions to products
- Analyzing sales figures - reporting growth, expansion, and change in markets on store level
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that support company vision for store level
- Maximise customer interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately
- Produce layout plans for stores and maintain store shelves and inventory
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc
- Produce store sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
- Determine call schedule by reviewing priorities with line manager, discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees.
- Answers questions, improve & maximise our instore location and on shelf presence
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products, removing damaged or freshness-dated products, tidying store shelves, and providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory, observing inventory levels, prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low, and arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors’ products.
- Helps sales representatives with taking photos, using the internal system to report; special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends, checking daily on special promotions, observing customer reaction to special promotions, forwarding observations to management, and removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of retail locations in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Proven working experience in merchandising
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
- Annually: $40,000 to $50,000 a year (salaried)
- Bonuses: £10%
- Company share options
- Mileage paid
- Benefits: Healthcare, vision, Dental & life, STD & LTD
- Working hours -8am to 5pm
Merchandiser Qualifications / Skills:
- Product knowledge
- Quality focus
- Customer focus
- Client relationships
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Territory management
- Competitive analysis
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Marketing, Business or Management preferred
- Proven success for 12 consecutive months in previous jobs
- Advanced supervisory experience a plusDriving license
Call to Action!!!