About The Position
We are currently hiring for our next District Manager in LAS VEGAS, NV.
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for driving BBC sales volume through their BBC and distributor teams to their market’s respective account base in accordance with direction from their manager. The DM must deliver the annual market plan by distributor while managing resources to budget. The DM works closely with the On and Off Premise National Accounts teams to drive programs to the account level.
What You’ll Brew:
Wholesaler Management & Planning:
- Execute the Market Plan via P&R meeting to the distributor including volume, distribution and visibility goals by distributor and package
- Set objectives and tactics to achieve goals by COT
- Manage budgets by market
- Manage Inventory and Point of Sale (POS)
Market Development (Hunting): Must be able to find new business by:
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
- Developing tactics to close identified opportunities through Distributor and BBC teams
Selling: Must be able to practice BBC selling process and selling skills to
- Establish goals, “selling story”, anticipates and handle objections
- Understand and support distributor needs through solution based selling
Communication: Effectively communicates internally and externally through:
- Creative and impactful wholesaler and BBC presentations
- Professional and succinct memos and distributor correspondence
- Communication of inventory needs to the distributor network
People Management/Development: Places a high priority on business and skill development through:
- Training, developing, and critiquing the team and individual performance
- Developing High Potential employees
- Managing the District goals
Administration: Deliver and manage transactional actives under deadlines such as team reporting and market survey recaps
Motivating/Team Building: Lead and have strong working relationships by:
- Establishing rapport with wholesaler middle and upper level management
- Instilling commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
- Working cooperatively with others across the organization
Knowledge: Must be current and fluent in:
- Market and competitors to include: Distribution and Volume trends, Market Share, Wholesaler Network, Supplier Network
- Sales data and trends to include opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/distributor activities that affect the market
- IRI, Cognos, and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC, and distributors.
What Ingredients You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 4+ years Consumer Package Sales
- At least 2+ years of successful experience managing people.
- Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
- 40%-50% travel (8-10 days per month) to attend Retail and Distributor sales calls and meetings
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.