About The Position
Tequila Komos is looking for an experienced wines & spirits sales professional to oversee the Chicago Market.
In this role you will:
- Lead, co-develop and manage all Tequila Komos Activation Initiatives in market
- Effectively organize these Initiatives into a high-impact Tequila Komos Market Activation Calendar
- Leverage all Tequila Komos resources, partnerships and relationships to powerfully execute the Activation Calendar
- Build the highest quality distribution, presence, awareness, relevance and growth among Target Consumers and Target Accounts
- Develop close and effective relationships with the personnel and management of our Distribution Partner
- Identify, cultivate, educate and motivate Key Brand Influencers; particularly bartenders, managers and owners of On and Off Premise Target Accounts; major event promoters; and spirits opinion-makers
Qualifications and Training
- 3-5 years experience as a spirits supplier and/or distributor representative
- Spirits industry training and experience in Brand Activation
- Strong financial acumen; able to manage price structures and understand distributor profit and margins in order to recommend retail pricing
- Self motivated, driven, independent, entrepreneurial
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Market and trade relationships
- Confident public speaker with in-depth spirits knowledge
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Activation Calendar and Initiatives
- Study/receive Target Consumers and Accounts, marketing materials, brand attributes and key selling points.
- Lead, co-develop and manage Activation Calendar
- Communications Initiatives – Targeted outreach; in coordination with marketing department
- Distributor Initiatives – Distribution drives, work-withs, incentives, programming, tracking, motivation
- On-Premise Initiatives – Target Account development, staff training, seminars, merchandising/POS, cocktail menu development, special events
- Off-Premise Initiatives – Target Account development, Perfect Shelf, merchandising/POS, display drives, tastings
- Track Initiative performance, resolve issues, make improvements, and determine key learnings.
- Market Analysis
- Maintain target account lists based upon relative category benchmark reports from distributor partners, market depletion reports, and personal local market knowledge
- Collect and analyze market intelligence from local USBG, spirits trade contacts, top hospitality groups, distributor insights, and contact lists
- Report weekly on all Activation Initiatives, including timeline status, key issues, key contacts, Target Account needs, special requests, etc.
- Create Direct Touch report for all accounts visited, track results via orders and reorders
- Distribution Partnerships
- Schedule, manage and attend distributor work-with activities
- Support local distributor activities, including general sales meetings, trade tastings, and local trade events
- Build rapport with distributor management through personal interaction and scheduling meetings / happy hours
- Connect with distributor mixologists, craft spirit specialists, national account specialists, DMs and portfolio managers
Tequila Komos is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Tequila Komos considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.