About The Position
Love Tequila? Want to get in on the ground floor with dynamic brand destined for success?
Tequila 512 is a fast-growing, award-winning tequila brand based in Austin Texas. The brand is looking for a highly preforming Market Manager to grow brand awareness and manage on and off premise business in Central Texas. This is a huge opportunity to get in on the ground level at a pivotal point in the brands evolution. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in alcohol sales with extensive relationships with SGWS, retail partners and key on premise accounts. The candidate must currently reside in Houston, Texas.
The Texas Market Manager is responsible for supporting the accomplishment of volume, distribution, pricing performance and merchandising in their markets. Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. The Texas Market Manager is responsible for calling on and activating key accounts as well as working with wholesaler teams to achieve overall depletions, distribution targets and key performance indicators. Responsibility is focused on off premise and on premise chain and independent accounts subject to SVP direction.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Responsible for delivering depletion, distribution and merchandising goals, covering both on and off premise channels.
- Deliver on defined KPI goals related to market penetration, visibility and quality of execution within defined territory. Including but not limited to menus, PODs, ACS, displays, volume and activations.
- Maintain a key account list and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers in both on and off premise channels.
- Use Social Media platforms to promote activities and highlight market activity.
- Monitor proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all merchandizing commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Ride with distributor sales and call on key accounts at the direction of SVP.
- Be visible at the distributor office, meeting with sales representatives and management to ensure share of mind.
- Conduct regular meetings with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including general sales meetings and individual team meetings in person and virtual when required at the direction of SVP.
- Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy. This would also include execution of national initiatives in your local market.
- Act as primary contact for distributor sales teams in your market to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs while providing support for all sales related activities.
- Actively participate in promotions /events which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
- Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams. Conduct and attend brand promotions and tastings.
- Provide National Account Mandate compliance updates as they come due.
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
- Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure distributor and third-party agencies have successful communications.
- Provide weekly market activity report to SVP. Include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any needs.
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to SVP. This would include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes, staffing changes at distributor and competitors.
- Review programs and execution updates with distributor field management. Ensure implementation of brand programs, displays, POS, price structures and shelf sets.
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives. This would be for programs, POS, advertising, etc. with distributor and trade.
- Complete special projects such as verifying pricing, competitive price analysis and or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
- Participate in out of market sales blitzes, special events and market launches when needed.
- Identify sales opportunities within designated territory to acquire new accounts and expand existing placements.
- Coordinate with distributor to open/activate accounts not within the distributor’s account universe.
- Identify and contact key decision makers using diverse methods and tools (cold calling/visit, social media, events, etc.)
- Arrange third-party tastings/promos.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires minimum of 2-5 years sales experience within the beverage alcohol industry.
- Must reside in Houston, TX.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- High comfort level in the bar, restaurant and retail environment.
- Ability to speak articulately about spirits.
- Ability and willingness to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to travel within their territory constantly.
- Manage relationships with distributor and wholesale personnel.
- Call on key accounts under the direction of the SVP
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent the brand at the expert level.
- Communicates account orders directly to appropriate distributor and wholesale partners in real time.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the internet.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Has both on and off premise experience in beverage alcohol industry.
- Has worked in the service industry.
- Extensive relationships with SGWS.
- Existing relationships with key accounts on and off premise
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner, communicating effectively with employees, staff, customers both internal and external, in person, via telephone or email.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Understands the impact of social media on today’s consumer and willing to use SM platforms to their advantage.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and is self-motivated.
- Undergraduate Degree preferred