TEAM is hiring for a Retail Development Manager to support the expansion of our client, Canopy Growth, and their CBD brands (Quatreau, Martha Stuart and Whistl) in San Francisco, CA via increased brand awareness, distribution, sales, and trial. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Retail Development Manager (RDM) will be responsible for expanding established markets and developing new ones by introducing the brand to retailers and consumers.
The RDM will be based from their home office and work in the field both visiting existing and prospective accounts as well as working with distributor partner sales teams.
As an RDM you will be responsible for driving sales and distribution growth within the designated retail channel, visual merchandising, consumer, distributor, and retailer education, and assisting with the design and implementation of marketing programming. Market Development Responsibilities:
- Drive sales and distribution within account universe
- Ownership of new sales lead follow up within designated territory
- Identify and pursue new points of distribution for brand growth, leading effective collaboration, and engagement with local distributor sales force to drive sales volume and increase market penetration in defined territories.
- Support local distributor with trainings, development, and retail integration
- Build relationships with accounts and be the face of the brand
- Implement sales and merchandising materials needed for accounts
- Work on the creation and deployment of POS and merchandising tools, in-store sampling programs and analyzing the performance of these initiatives.
- Support the development of a channel strategy; leveraging the strengths of each channel to grow velocities, trial, and education.
- Coordinate and execute execute retail and consumer engagement/sampling events
- Oversee activations with alliance partners
- Provide local market insights and best practices
- Ensure activation strategy aligns with state and local COVID-19 protocols.
- Comply with all Federal, State and Local laws and requirements as well as COVID 19 protocols and guidelines
WAYS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Regular submission and tracking of day-to-day activities in designated platform
- Attend and participate in regular status calls with both client and company personnel
- Responsible for managing and maximizing activation and TE budgets allocated for market, submitting regular expense and recap reports
- Manage informational requests and recap key takeaways for management reporting
- Travel within assigned market for account, client, and activation visits
- Manage budgets, tactical resources, and tools to maximize returns throughout the year
WHO WE ARE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years related industry or sales experience including relevant trade marketing and retail execution experience with a proven track record of success
- CBD or Cannabis Category management experience is preferred
- Local travel up to 50%
- Ability to coordinate efforts with retail personnel, 3rd party alliances, and client
- Familiarity with local market trendsetting accounts
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to uphold the core values of TEAM and our client
- Ability to establish strong client and distributor relationships that drive local market success for the brand.
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, self-disciplined, and driven team player with the ability to solve problems, take initiative, think innovatively, and make fast paced decisions with a degree of autonomy
- Exercise high moral character and social responsibility; demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to share local market insights and activation summaries through presentation documents with client and distributors that showcase challenges/successes.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
TEAM is an award-winning experiential marketing agency that develops and executes creative marketing campaigns rooted in strategy, insights and decades of learning. We partner with the best brands and people to deliver experiences that create inspiration at the point of engagement. Our roster of talent is essential to executing quality campaigns which live up to our high standards. Visit us online on our website, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter