Taub Family Selections
ImporterView Full Profile
About The Position
Taub Family Selections, a Taub family company, was established in 2010 with the mission of importing an exceptional portfolio of fine wines from some of the world’s most highly regarded appellations. Taub Family Selections focuses on partnerships with premium, terroir driven wines from outstanding properties in the classic regions of Argentina, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain and the United States. The company’s fine wine portfolio is distributed in all fifty states. For more visit www.taubfamilyselections.com.
Position Overview: The Category Analyst will be responsible for conducting sales analysis and building reports and presentations for our sales teams and leadership. This is a highly visible role within the company. The Analyst must be self-motivated, self-directed, and detail oriented. This person must have a solid understanding of the company goals, must be able to support the sales, buying and marketing/portfolio teams as well as company executives. Must have expertise in analytical and office software and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Location: Port Washington, NY
- Work within our data systems such as; Nielsen, Cognos, Retail Link, Market 6, Ad Analytics.
- Proactively evaluate existing strategies, track key deliverables, and recommend changes when appropriate.
- Support critical Sales initiatives with quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Find a selling story within the date, when needed; show opportunity on Taub Family Selections products.
- Understand the fundamentals of the wine category, segmentation, pricing variables, and consumer usage and needs, including regional differences.
- Understand the chain retail environment, on and off premise.
- Ability to present findings, “selling stories”, and recommendations to TFS winery partners, national accounts, sales & portfolio teams.
- Collaborate with the Taub Family Selections marketing team to ensure brand standards are executed within RFP’s/presentations.
- Support National Account teams by completing client provided RFP’s forms or creating presentations in conjunction with TFS marketing teams.
- Use of PowerPoint, Tableau, or infographics to create usable documents within Taub Family Selections brand standards for the sales team and internal audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with the Corporate Accounts team, Senior Management, Marketing/Portfolio Team and Division Managers to meet presentation needs and help achieve sales.
- Manage the Chain Action Matrix, NAP & RFPs data collection.
- Provide regular, established reports on a monthly basis.
- Additional related duties may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 years years of experience working within data systems
- Working knowledge/expertise with data systems: Nielsen (required), Cognos, Retail Link, Market 6, Ad Analytics.
- Time Management – ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, often with short time frames
- Ability to be proactive, identifying opportunities and anticipating regular data requests
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Ability to assist in training other employees on analytical systems and software
- Use of alternative data/information sources when available or needed
- Ability to use good judgment on distributing sensitive data
- Core Values – demonstrate flexibility, work ethic, personal touch, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
- Wine knowledge a plus
- Desire to pursue or continue wine education
Taub Family Selections offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), paid vacation, personal time off and 11 paid company holidays.
Taub Family Selections is an equal opportunity employer.