About The Position
Taub Family Outpost is a place that distills wine country’s unique character, communal energy and eclectic charm into a single multifaceted must-visit experience. As a restaurant, wine shop & tasting room, café, and cocktail bar, our experience is incredibly exciting. Join us in making the Outpost a beacon for the city of Sonoma and a welcoming neighbor in wine country.
Location: Taub Family Outpost – Sonoma, California
The role of the Sous Chef is to assist the Executive Chef and other managers to ensure all kitchen staff execute the menu at a high level of performance. The Sous Chef will report directly to Executive chef and will represent the Executive Chef in their absence. They must be passionate about food and have the desire to share that passion with guests and other members of the team. This position will work closely with the Management team to train service staff on the menu. The Sous Chef will work closely with vendors to maintain consistency of product and pricing.
· Lead the kitchen team in food production by delegation of tasks and ensuring all tasks are completed.
· Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and steward employees on how to handle leftover food items.
· Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
· In conjunction with the Executive Chef establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
· Establish and require strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
· In conjunction with the Executive Chef develop menus & create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
· The Sous Chef must maintain effective communication within the kitchen and dining room, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems
· Maintain effective working relationship with dining room manager, staff and all other departments.
· Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
- (1+) years of experience as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Advanced knowledge of cooking techniques and knife skills
Taub Family Outpost offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and paid time off.
Taub Family Outpost is an equal opportunity employer.