About The Position
We are looking for a personable, dynamic, and highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to join our team and drive sales growth across California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southwest markets to take Swoon to the next level!
Your primary goal is to grow the total number of Swoon accounts and increase sales, through creating and building strong relationships with key retailer, distributor, and broker partners.
Your focus will be leading all aspects of the sales cycle from beginning to end: identifying opportunities for growth, calling on key customers, expanding distribution, fostering deep relationships at all customer levels, setting promotional plans, building partnerships, managing your forecast, and reporting back on performance. You will be the face of our brand with customers and create partner loyalty through excellent customer service.
You are a natural leader with a passion for connecting with people. You are excited by the challenge of building a new brand and ready to grow quickly with us. You are scrappy, diligent, comfortable wearing many hats, and you thrive in both strategic and tactical settings.
You will be responsible for driving sales growth in California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southwest markets.
- Develop and grow high-level relationships with key retailers, category managers, and account teams to transform customers into true brand partners.
- Identify and pursue both short- and long-term wins with natural, specialty, liquor, c-store, and conventional retailers in your region.
- Partner with regional brokers and distributor partners to target new growth opportunities and oversee assortment, merchandising, pricing, and shelving strategies.
- Build direct relationships with buying teams for cross-category growth.
- Sell in additional sku’s, secure multiple facings, win new placements, and find creative opportunities to grow sales volume in current accounts.
- Own trade spend budget, implementation, tracking, and reporting.
- Set, manage and execute regional promotional programming in key accounts to drive customer support and increase same store sales.
- Manage annual sales and budget forecast for your region; monitor actual performance vs. forecast, adjusting the plan as needed to reach Swoon sales and profit objectives.
- Communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to inform supply chain decisions and forecast for existing and new accounts.
- Identify, onboard, and manage DSD distributor partners to win new business in additional channels for Swoon RTD lemonade line.
- Work with Trade/Field Marketing teams to organize in-store displays and samplings to drive brand awareness and increase same store turns.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly sales calls to highlight successes, discuss challenges, and understand company-wide strategies.
- Collaborate with marketing team for brand building opportunities, as needed.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of CPG sales experience in the Natural Products Industry (beverage preferred)
- Experience working closely with UNFI and/or KeHE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Natural storyteller and educator, with an ability to bring the Swoon brand to life
- You know and love this territory and have an established network you can contribute to Swoon
- Strong organization and time management skills – easily can manage your own schedule
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with new ideas, execute, and report back on results with thoughtful recommendation
- Passionate about taking sugar down, healthy living, and our Swoon mission!
- Remote role based on the West Coast
- Key Markets: California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southwest
- You will report directly to VP of Sales, based in Dallas, TX
- Travel 30%+ of time (based on meetings, company needs, trade shows, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
- Competitive compensation and full health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- All the Swoon you can drink!
- Dynamic working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Similar jobs to check out:
We are looking for a personable, dynamic, and highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to join our team and drive sales growth across Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast markets to take Swoon to the next level!
This position will be focused on our retail sales division helping grow and support our brands (Village Harvest and Super Lucky Elephant) which are the leaders in organic and conventional rice and grain brands.
This position is responsible for managing and achieving annual sales and distribution goals for the South-Central Region; TX, FL, AR, LA, KS, OK, MO, AL, MS.