Promotions and Events and OtherView Full Profile
Based on Experience
About The Position
Sweet&Chilli is a leading global drinks agency with headquarters in London, Sydney & Los Angeles. Over our first decade we have earned a reputation for excellence, style & reliability, which has seen the biggest names in the drinks & event industries come to rely on us across our three core business functions – Drink Strategy, Trade Advocacy and Consumer Experience.
Asahi Group Holdings is the 7th largest beer company by volume in the world. Asahi Beer USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings, has been doing business in the US for more than 20 years, focusing on Asahi Super Dry (ASD) which is the most popular beer brand in Japan and growing in the premium segment globally.
Asahi Beer USA has an ambitious, high-performance culture. It seeks associates with entrepreneurial mind-sets that thrive in fast paced, market facing environments. It offers talented individuals a unique opportunity to work in world-class teams while assuming high levels of personal accountability to deliver on the company’s mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Brand Ambassador (BA) will be responsible for driving brand awareness, trial, sell in and sales volume within their territory and targeted outlets. The BA will work with your S&C Account Manager and the territory distributor to cultivate strong customer relationships in the on-premise channel. The BA will have accountability for cultivating these relationships and driving availability, visibility and sales volume. The candidate for this role will need to be a self-starter who can work independently and assume responsibility for managing their resources to deliver their targets while remaining within the allocated budget(s).
- Manage all relevant channels and segments in your territory
- Work with the distributor to grow the brand
- Build and grow relationships with accounts to drive product rotation and generate brand engagement
- Be the “face” of Asahi Beer in your territory
- Utilize strong on-trade industry connections to help gain distribution in the on-premise
- Work effectively with the S&C Team to deliver against the key priorities of the organization, delivering exceptional in-market results
- Increase awareness and trial of brand through tastings, events, trainings, and trade shows when applicable
- Generate online content for social media
- Cultivate new opportunities for growth
- Report to S&C Account Manager on key trends and competitors in market
- Brand Building: Put the trade at the heart of the conversation, ensure local plans are exceptionally executed, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, act as an unwavering portfolio guardian
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Professional manner and strong work ethic
- Bright, confident and motivated personality
- Able to work independently and without constant supervision
- Happy and able to work some nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Exceptional ability to follow-up with local team and accounts
- A strong network of influencers in the spirits industry preferred
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- Eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 10-15 Account calls per working week
- 40 accounts total
- Gain brand distribution in 80% of account universe within 6 months
- Candidate dependent: drive volume in personal “lighthouse account” including menu placement
- Candidate dependent: Secure placement in 3 lighthouse venues in conjunction with sales team
- Achieve menu placement in 25% of account universe
- “Work with” distributor/sales team 1 per month
- Staff trainings/workshops 2 per month
Attractive part-time salary and expense account.
The role is based in Los Angeles, CA
Sweet&Chilli is growing rapidly and the opportunity for growth is absolutely available to you.
- Reports To Director of Sweet&Chilli USA