About The Position
Deliver brand awareness through inspired education, deep knowledge of Hennessy's craftsmanship, storytelling, and natural charisma to expand Hennessy sales, distribution, and cocktail menu placements.
ABOUT STRATEGIC GROUP
Since our founding in 2000, Strategic Group has been committed to hiring and developing a team of highly skilled Specialists committed to education, creation and execution of experiences for our client’s trade customers and consumers. We operate in the luxury marketing space, representing the most aspirational brands throughout lifestyle, entertainment, and hospitality enterprises.
Clients sign with Strategic Group in order to remain relevant and in-demand, and to grow reach by engaging our highly-trained, passionate, resource of talent.
As a Hennessy Brand Ambassador, you are the face of the brand, personifying 255 years of rich history and heritage of Maison Hennessy portfolio, V.S through X.O. Through a deep understanding of Hennessy’s production process, the Ambassador will lead immersive education & training to inspire key On-Premise stakeholders (ex. bartenders, bar owners, restaurateurs, etc.) on Hennessy’s superior product quality and mixology versatility. A foundation in mixology, passion for cocktails, and deep knowledge of the category (and mindset of the buyer) will help drive Hennessy’s On-Premise cocktail strategy.
The Hennessy Brand Ambassador will also drive On-Premise brand awareness through education and trade engagement with distributor teams; relying on storytelling and natural charisma to expand Hennessy’s sales, distribution, and cocktail menu placements in target accounts.
The position will be based in Atlanta (70% of the time), with travel in the surrounding region (30% of the time).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at key accounts to drive distribution and secure cocktail menu placements
- Execute account staff training's – focus on product attributes and mixology
- Host account events with sales teams
- Conduct distributor training's and events
- Execute trade engagement events to foster industry relationships
- Have a constant pulse on what is trending, new openings and opportunities
- To be determined but may include
- Host brand events including dinners, masterclasses, tastings, special events, etc.
- Conduct in-depth tastings in partnership with retailers
- Ability to drive and maintain a valid and/or current driver’s license
- Extensive knowledge of the alcohol beverage industry (three-tier system)
- Strong leadership, motivation, and persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Understanding supplier brand strategies (pricing, promotion, and placement)
- Embodies and identifies with luxury brand values
- Budget management experience
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work with many stakeholders
- Bartender experience or existing network within the trade required
- Willingness to work evening hours and weekends, when needed
EDUCATION AND CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS
- 5-8 years mixology beverage industry related experience with an established network of buyers/industry leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and Sharepoint)
- Comprehensive understanding of Brown Spirits to include regions/styles, product/food pairing techniques, and service
- WSET certification (Level 2 or higher)
- Language: English. French and/or Spanish are a plus.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND EVALUATION
Reports directly to and evaluated by the company’s Manager, Hennessy Ambassadors.
The above description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job of Hennessy Ambassador. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements nor should it be construed as creating a contract of employment, which is terminable by the employee or Strategic Group at any time for any reason. Qualified candidates should send RESUME to email@example.com