St. Killian Importing Company
Importer, Distributor, and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
St. Killian Importing of Everett, MA, wholly owned by Sheehan Family Companies, is the US importer for a portfolio of beer brands which includes Carlsberg, Grimbergen, Kronenbourg, Okocim, Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer and Tetley’s. We are currently in search of an Accounting Manager.
OBJECTIVE: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for budgeting, cash requirements, preparation and analysis of financial statements, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and government reporting.
- Oversee and ensure that the daily closing, reconciliation, and cash requirements process is completed
- Monitor current & forecasted foreign exchange market conditions and plan for foreign currency needs
- Perform foreign currency spot trades and window forward purchases in CashPro
- Review foreign payment requests for content & accuracy and initiate Fx wire payments for corporate approval
- Compile annual accounting department budget and perform monthly actual to budget variance analysis.
- Prepare and post month end adjusting entries for month-end financial statement preparation
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly, quarterly and year-end financial information/reporting
- Perform month end cooperage reconciliation process and oversee daily cooperage transaction recording
- Oversee the preparation of Multistate Alcohol Excise Tax Reports
- Oversee the reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversee the reconciliation all inter-company transactions
- Supervise workflow of Accounting Staff related to the accounts payable, credit & collections, and general ledger functions.
- Ensure compliance with corporate-wide accounting procedures and policies
- Assist in coordinating the onboarding of new suppliers and brands from an administrative perspective.
- Recommend process improvement to improve accuracy
- Work with internal and external accountants on year-end close and audit
- Partner with other departments to resolve accounting issues as needed
- Work with IT on all computer related issues and system upgrade rollouts for the department
- Plan for staffing needs and interview prospective employees
- Conduct office employee performance appraisals
- Act as back up for payroll coordinator to process multi-state payroll
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, with accounting emphasis
- 5-7 years proven accounting experience
- Proficient in EXCEL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven Management experience
- Proven leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
This role is an excellent opportunity to align with a world-class portfolio of beers / spirits and a world-class importer in St. Killian.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen and a physical.