CA State Sales Manager
Location: Northern California
Position: Full time
Established in 1982, we are America’s oldest craft distillery. We are passionate about innovation and committed to our craft. Our passion for artisanal spirits has garnered us a decade of James Beard Award nominations and multiple Hall-of-Fame awards. Our portfolio of original spirits includes American Single Malt whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, liqueurs, as well as absinthe. We are a true American original.
St. George Spirits is looking for someone who is super sharp, 110% 'on it,’ and thinks and takes pride like an owner. This person is responsible for maximizing the development and sales of all brands in the St. George Spirits portfolio. The CA State Sales Manager achieves this by being an active presence in the market while managing the vast network of RNDC leadership and sales teams as well as being a “player-coach” in managing our CA regional managers. Working with a top-down mentality of strategizing, planning, and execution in the market. This individual will be responsible for personally calling on accounts to promote our brands and conduct educational seminars. As well as all market planning and meetings with the executive level of our distributor. They know when to involve management or not and problem solve on their own as necessary, all while remaining aligned with the ethos of our organization: professionalism and grace. The position reports directly to the Senior VP of Sales.
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate who appreciates the resources and stability of a large supplier but the creativity and autonomy of a more entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate currently resides in Northern California and understands the nuances of managing multiple “micro” markets, is efficient in understanding and executing sales in the On, Off, and Independent Chain channels, as well as being a strong leader. Our candidate takes and exhibits pride in what they're selling and is truly looking to play a role in expanding a company.
After a 90-day introductory period, employees of St. George Spirits receive a robust group health insurance plan, 15 days of vacation annual accrual, and 9 days of paid holiday.
We provide a 3% safe-harbor 401K contribution.
·Expand distribution as well as velocity and pull-through in both the on and off premise channels by:
- Personally, calling on accounts and forging relationships with the trade
- Strategically planning “go-to-market” strategies with our distributor
- Periodic meetings with retail chain leadership
- Working with distributor managers and salespeople
- Effectively managing, nurturing, and supporting a direct report
- · Identify new opportunities and take a proactive approach in the placement and development of our brands
- · Implement creative brand-building ideas within accounts that generate turnover
- · Conduct educational seminars with distributor salespeople and accounts, so that they’re knowledgeable about the special qualities of our products
- · Develop professional, respectful working relationships with all business entities, including distributors and on/off premise accounts
- · Manage our CA distributor, ensuring programming and pricing is implemented and volume targets achieved
- · Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Federal and State laws and company policies
- · Maintain a high level of knowledge of our products, to communicate and educate
- · Participate in regular distributor sales meetings
- · Operate within established budgets
- Residency in sales territory
- Minimum 5 years working at the distributor level
- Must be willing and able to:
- Work evenings as job requires
- Some weekend work as job requires
- Travel as job requires
- Strong Distributor Management Skill
- Presentations (GSMs and the like)
- High-level verbal communication skills required
- High-level writing skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to improve processes and implement new ones
- Critical thinking, diverse thinking, and problem-solving skills required
- High-level time-management, organizational, and budgeting skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Experience with G-Suite preferred
- Experience with VIP/Karma preferred
This Company is committed to equal opportunity employment. We make decisions based on employee qualifications and performance, not personal characteristics or association with any category protected by law.