About The Position
St. George Spirits is looking for someone that can hit the ground running with great attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude. We are looking for an A/R, A/P Accounting Assistant in our Alameda office.
Proudly independent. Passionate about innovation. Committed to craft. Over nearly four decades at the vanguard of the American craft spirits revolution, we have been distilling exceptional artisanal spirits with integrity. Our family of spirits includes single malt whiskey, absinthe, and several gins, vodkas, brandies, and liqueurs. Since 1982, we have been an American original. Taste our spirits and you will understand.
St. George Spirits is looking for someone that can hit the ground running with great attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude. We are looking for an A/R, A/P Accounting Assistant in our Alameda office. This role will provide overall support to the Finance Department by managing accounting tasks and responsibilities as assigned; this role is integral part of the team and aligned with the ethos of our organization: professionalism and grace.
St. George Spirits’ desire is to have someone that can help grow the business by:
· Providing support for the Finance Department to allow others to focus on their core tasks
· Creating efficiencies
· Ensuring tasks are completed, and professionalism and hospitality are always maintained
· Receive vendor invoices, obtain approvals, and submit into QuickBooks accounting system for posting and payment
· Assist in the weekly check run
· Conduct expense report training for new hires in Concur
· Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
· Create invoices in QuickBooks
· Follow-up on collections
· Perform monthly reconciliation of credit card statements and related transactions
· Correspond with vendors and clients and respond to inquiries
· Assist with month-end and year-end closing/audits
· Maintain records (AR, AP, fixed assets)
· Maintain historical records in hard copy for Finance Department
· Schedule Finance Department’s monthly meetings to discuss work allocations and deadlines
· Update Finance Department’s monthly calendar
· Occasional planning of team building events or other departmental gatherings
· Knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable procedures
· Knowledge of General Accounting Procedures and best business practices
· Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook with the ability to learn new skills
· Strong problem-solving skills and knowing when to involve management
· Ability to learn and become proficient in new software
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to work with a team and independently
· Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Education and experience:
· At least 1–3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
· Knowledge of spirits business preferred
· Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software tools is required
· Experience with G-Suite
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
· Proven experience exercising discretion and handling confidential information
· Human Resource and Development experience helpful
What St. George Spirits looks for in an employee:
- Polished, personable, and professional
- Very diligent and detail-oriented
- Deadline-focused and goal-driven
- Helpful and service driven
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and thorough follow-through
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Proof of vaccination required before hiring.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
St. George Spirits, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.