About The Position
Job Description – Southern California Regional Manager
Territory: Southern California, NV, (possibly CO)
SIP is a boutique spirit innovation and brand development company focused in the super-premium sector. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our enthusiasm, determination, creativity and professionalism that are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and the brands we bring to market. SIP is comprised of highly seasoned beverage professionals with expertise spanning from branding to package design, procurement to production, sales and marketing, finance to compliance. We have both a dedicated global and national sales team with brand ambassadors that connect directly with consumers. We partner with tier 1 distributors such as RNDC and Breakthru Beverage.
This role will be based in Southern California with a focus on driving sales velocity for all brands while overseeing programming and sales execution budgets as well as securing key chain relationships. As a small company, we all wear many hats and must exude an entrepreneurial attitude.
· Create distribution strategy and sales structure to deliver against revenue and expense goals including annual sales plans and budgets
· Communicate with E.V.P to assist, manage and coordinate marketing programs and sales actions to achieve sales objectives
· Manage profit and loss responsibility within each trade channel, overall fiscal implications and resource management/recommendations. This is inclusive of monthly processing of distributor invoices.
· Utilize top-to-top relationships at distributor and key chain accounts to drive brand growth and generate new opportunities. Relationships with RNDC CA a must!
· Build program calendars and pricing structures for each brand/market in conjunction with team and distributor to maximize both volume and brand health.
· Forecast yearly and quarterly goals by market, compile all monthly market reports (quantitative and qualitative)
· Maintain adequate inventory levels at distributor with minimum of 30 days
· ensure shelf prices match strategy while always being mindful of competitive brands pricing
· Potentially secure new markets including division, pricing, programming, educations and kick-offs/blitzes.
· Negotiation and placement of portfolio in key retail chains while
· Analyze sales & marketing environments, distribution gaps, various competitors and develop plan working closely with marketing team for future programming and needed POS support.
· Focus primarily Off-Premise for volume while keeping on-premise sales between 20-30% (succeeding COVID) in order to maintain brand health.
· Conduct detailed quarterly reviews that result in alignment between Distributor / brand(s) on what actions need to be taken to hit or exceed goals.
Personal Skills and Qualities
· Results oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success
· Knows the key people at our distributor network to achieve results
· Relationships with key retailers within the region
· 10+ years of Distributor and/or spirits supplier experience in states within region preferred
o Position is based in Los Angeles or Orange County
· Budget management and resource utilization
· Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and customers – bridge the gap between sales and marketing
· Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
· Able to work with Word, Power point, Excel
· A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
· Willingness to “roll sleeves up” and work the streets!
· Position requires travel with overnights in the given territory