About The Position
Spindrift Beverage Co. is hiring a Manufacturing Site Supervisor to help execute and improve onsite manufacturing of product to the highest levels of food safety, quality, and productivity.
Spindrift is one of the fastest-growing brands in beverage today. In a rapidly expanding sparkling water market, we are the first sparkling water made with real ingredients with an unmistakable, delicious taste that only real ingredients can deliver. We’re made with real squeezed fruit and sparkling water. Yup, that’s it.
Spindrift® is an innovative, disruptive sparkling water brand working to bring unprecedented flavor and transparency. Founded in 2010, Spindrift® celebrates simplicity and the superior taste that only real ingredients can deliver. All products are free of added sweeteners or natural flavors, and only consist of water, just the right amount of bubbles, and real squeezed fruit – yup, that's it. Spindrift® works with family farms to source the best fruit to make the juices and rich purees they use. The result is light, bright, and flavor-rich sparkling water that tastes just like the fruit in its name. Varieties include blackberry, cranberry raspberry, cucumber, half tea & half lemon, grapefruit, lemon, orange mango, strawberry, raspberry lime, and lime. Spindrift® sparkling water is available nationwide at grocery retailers and café-style restaurants, including trader joe's, whole foods market, Starbucks, Kroger, target, and online at amazon and shop.drinkspindrift.com. Spindrift® has been featured in numerous publications including Elle, Women’s Health, Today show, and Oprah, to name a few. The company donates to environmental not-for-profits through their membership to 1% for the planet. Spindrift® is headquartered in Newton, MA.
In March 2021, Spindrift announced it’s launching a delicious, cleaner take on hard seltzer this summer – Spindrift Spiked Sparkling Water.
The Manufacturing Site Supervisor will be responsible and accountable for executing and helping to improve onsite manufacturing of product to the highest levels of food safety, quality, and productivity.
- Work onsite and remotely with contract manufacturers to ensure products are made in accordance to specifications and with established protocols with regard to raw material, product, manufacturing techniques, and packaging.
- Certify that Manufacturing Instructions and Product Manuals are adhered to during production while still applying experience and judgement to make the best possible product.
- Conduct critical observation of raw materials, packaging, and products used during manufacturing to identify and resolve issues as well as drive opportunities for improvement.
- Collect and analyze data gathered during production to help drive meaningful improvements to Key Performance Indicators.
- Work with co-manufacturers, contracted engineers, and internal customers to help commission Spindrift specific capital projects.
- Assist with transitioning products from the R&D environment to full scale production.
- Stay current on industry developments relative to processing, equipment, and packaging innovation while identifying potential applications for Spindrift.
- Help lead continuous improvement activities.
- Available for travel up to 60%Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years quality and operations food experience (beverage preferred) within CPG industry
- Comfortable operating within a plant environment.
- Flexibility to survive and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. (Which means being able to wear multiple hats; operate without highly structured processes; and consider no task too small nor too large.)
- Ability to work independently
- Can apply critical thinking, good sense, and courage to make decisions sometimes in the absence of data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to interact successfully with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels, inside and outside the company