About The Position
We are a fast-growing, family owned and operated wine and spirits company! Significant opportunity within the organization!
Sovereign Brands is looking for a Marketing & Communications Associate to join their growing team. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with a strong knowledge of the media and influencer landscape, and a proven track record of garnering press to achieve maximum editorial and digital exposure.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies
- Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media and answer enquiries from the media and other organizations.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for your brand and company profiles.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Collate and analyze media coverage
- Write and edit in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
- Prepare and supervise the production of digital flyers and other online assets.
- Devise photo opportunities and coordinate studio or location photography
- Merchandising & ensuring the office is always presentable for journalists, artists and influencers
- Supporting the team during talent appointments with influencers and music artists; collate the necessary materials, help to set up the show room or film studio
- Monitoring competitors and carrying out market research
- Assist on required reports e.g. PR reports, campaign reports, market-focus presentations
- Excellent writing and media relation skills
- Creative & dynamic with a strong knowledge of the music industry (particular awareness of the urban landscape a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of the media landscape, both print & digital
- Full understanding of social media, engagement & strategies to assist running social accounts
- Creative eye to keep social channels current and aesthetically on brand
- Strong awareness of influencer marketing & ability to develop relationships with influencers to assist with gifting programs
- Awareness of well-known emerging faces including music artists, actors, celebrities, and sports champs
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and going the extra mile in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum one years’ experience, in-house or agency, preferably with a lifestyle or wine and spirits brand
- Must be based in Atlanta