About The Position
Very successful wine and spirits supplier continues to expand. Many opportunities.
The Market Sales Manager is responsible for delivering volume, distribution and merchandising across the state. Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both On an Off-Premise. Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. The Market Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing sales programming and pricing as well as managing sales budgets, marketing programs, and wholesaler inventory in the pursuit of achieving both quantitative and qualitative KPI’s (key performance indicators). Must have a valid driver's license and be able to travel 4-5 days per week.
- Participate, with the Regional Sales Manager / State Manager, in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory.
- Primary responsibility is sales to the on and off-premise accounts.
- Manage Company brand portfolio within assigned geography. Ensure proper management of depletions and inventory by SKU (prevent out of stocks and plan for future growth).
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel; i.e. GMs, VPs, Account Executives, Merchandising VPs, Sales Managers, and Sales Reps.
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming.
- Support the Regional Sales Manager / State Manager in the development and efficient management of all sales budgets
- Ensure the planning and execution of price structures and shelf prices in the market.
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs.
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS.
- Call on and activate Key Accounts in the market under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus and ads are executed to standard.
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel.
- Participate in Company and wholesaler planning and sales meetings.
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards.
- Sample customers on our products
- Arrange third-party in-store tastings
- Conduct distributor general sales meetings and individual district manager meetings to ensure brands are top of mind
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands.
- Strong key account negotiation skills.
- Existing relationships with wholesaler management a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Computer literate with Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- The candidate should reside in the Birmingham, Alabama area.
If you feel that you possess the qualities that are necessary to be a supplier Market Manager and have the organizational, communication and professionalism, then please submit your resume along with a cover letter.