About The Position
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The NJ State Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the companies market strategy within his/her designated territory. Key responsibilities include budget and distributor management, brand programming and pricing, inventory projections, targeted retail account management as well as personnel management and development. As the direct representative of the company’s portfolio, this position is accountable for achieving depletion and distribution goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Deliver key sales and commercial targets to achieve fiscal year sales goals through channel-focused tactics and set action plans.
· Develop, implement, and execute annual budgets, sales programs, and pricing strategies.
· Responsible for all aspects of distributor management including annual channel programming, KPI management, budgets, and pricing.
· Drive distribution and sales in the top on- and off-premise beacon accounts leveraging strong selling skills and long-term relationship building over short-term placements and incentives.
· Collate and share best practices and learning across the wider Commercial Management Team and Company Leadership Team, as well as within the distributor network.
· Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys/KPI audits in designated territory.
· Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with distributors, to actively identify areas of market opportunity and address accordingly.
· Provide monthly reports and status/accomplishments recap to Supervisor.
· Manage budgets and goals to ensure programs are executed within budgeted guidelines.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
· Serve as the local point of contact for distributor personnel and maintain regular contact and communication
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of sales experience in the wine and spirits industry, preferably as a supplier with a premium spirits company, or distributor management in the New Jersey market.
· Only individuals with industry experience will be considered.
· Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
· Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
· Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
· Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Requires some work on nights/weekends