About The Position
The State Manager position is located in the Atlanta area & is responsible for the successful execution of the market strategy within the territory, including budget creation & management, pricing, key acct & distributor management.
· Deliver key sales and commercial targets to achieve fiscal year sales goals through channel focused tactics and set action plans.
· Responsible for all aspects of distributor management including annual channel programming, KPI management, budgets, and pricing.
· Lead the account segmentation process focusing the brands against the right consumer in the right accounts, while maintaining key account relationships.
· Drive distribution and sales in the top on- and off-premise beacon accounts in local territory market(s) leveraging strong selling skills and prioritizing and long-term relationship building over short-term placements and incentives.
· Influence velocity and visibility within the existing distribution footprint of priority accounts as the day-to-day face of the brands in the territory employing a variety of brand assets, programming, promotional budgets, menus, trainings, etc. while reporting these activities monthly and in a timely manner.
· Lead training of distributor sales force, retailers and wait staff to facilitate their understanding and buy-in of brand intrinsic, history, role, plans and tools.
· Collate and share best practices and learning across the wider Commercial Management Team and Company Leadership Team, as well as within the distributor network.
· Monitor distributor KPI’s, price points (including competitive set), orders, shipments, samples, training, and POS management.
· Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys/KPI audits in designated territory.
· Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with all distributors, to actively identify areas of market opportunity and address accordingly.
· Provide monthly reports and status/accomplishments recap to Supervisor.
· Manage budgets and goals to ensure programs are executed within budgeted guidelines.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the wine and spirits industry, and knowledge of the GA market.
Strategic Partner Relationship Responsibilities
· Serve as the local point of contact for distributor personnel and maintain regular contact and communication between all relevant parties.
· Responsible for distributor programming and lead chain management.
· Visit distributor and key accounts on a regular monthly cadence.
· Work with distributor in the market on a weekly basis to ensure strong partnerships aimed at achieving common goals.
· Attend all brand and distributor meetings as required.